Nevadans?

Oh, so that is the one you said is the wrong color, when in fact he is just a splash! I am so glad he is a splash and not an off color! I have only gotten one splash rooster out of all the eggs I have hatched. They can be really pretty! And bred to your wheaten girls will give you 100% blue wheaten chicks which is nice. I would suspect the lighter rooster is out of the Cree line pullets since those birds are lighter colored, plus they have softer temperaments. 

Hard to stop egg eaters. Wonder if it is hereditary. I know Sunny had a terrible time with BCM egg eaters at one time :(    

I didn't know you could get splash. :) He's beautiful. I have two splashes from you then. One chick I got from your leftover batch and one egg I hatched. If I use him for breeding he'll have to have no competition in his pen, that's for sure. Poor sweet boy.

The egg eater has a beautiful dark egg... Hope she learns. It would be a pain to keep her seperate with her own rolling nest box, but would hate too lose her. I only have 6 Sunny pullets. :/

I didn't know you could get splash.
smile.png
He's beautiful. I have two splashes from you then. One chick I got from your leftover batch and one egg I hatched. If I use him for breeding he'll have to have no competition in his pen, that's for sure. Poor sweet boy.

The egg eater has a beautiful dark egg... Hope she learns. It would be a pain to keep her seperate with her own rolling nest box, but would hate too lose her. I only have 6 Sunny pullets.
hmm.png
The blue genetics~ Holds true for blue wheatens also.

Blue x Blue = 50% blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black. (blue wheaten, white wheaten, wheaten)
Blue x Splash = 50% blue, 50% Splash
Blue x Black = 50% blue, 50% Black
Black x Splash = 100% blue

I have read that lots of times egg eaters have a nutritional deficiency. Some birds can't absorb vitamins as well as others. I hope you can figure out how to get her to stop. Sunny's BCMs are awesome and hard to come by.

The blue genetics~ Holds true for blue wheatens also.

Blue x Blue      =  50%  blue, 25% Splash, 25% Black. (blue wheaten, white wheaten, wheaten) 
Blue x Splash   =  50%  blue, 50% Splash
Blue x Black     =  50%  blue, 50% Black 
Black x Splash  = 100% blue

I have read that lots of times egg eaters have a nutritional deficiency. Some birds can't absorb vitamins as well as others. I hope you can figure out how to get her to stop. Sunny's BCMs are awesome and hard to come by. 

Guess I just never thought about it. Lol. Like these better. I like the splash BLRW most too.

Don't think my hens are lacking anything. ...??? Good food, vitamins added to water, healthy snacks, free range, occasional cat food as a treat with mealworms. She's the only one and it's always just her egg. Ughhhh! So frustrating. Don't want her teaching anyone else her naughty habit.

Guess I just never thought about it. Lol. Like these better. I like the splash BLRW most too.

Don't think my hens are lacking anything. ...??? Good food, vitamins added to water, healthy snacks, free range, occasional cat food as a treat with mealworms. She's the only one and it's always just her egg. Ughhhh! So frustrating. Don't want her teaching anyone else her naughty habit.
Sorry to hear that. It would be easier to stop if it was vitamin related.

Hope your GCM pullets start laying soon. I have not seen the egg color yet from my birds offspring. Liz sent a PM to say her OE pullet from my Ameraucana x GCMs just laid her first egg. I am anxiously awaiting a picture of it. It will be the first of my OE chicks to lay.

Just curious... is it normal for a hen with a large comb to have it be flopped over? I have a campine who has had a floppy comb since I got her but I never really thought about it until now. Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom