Nevadans?

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I have some bad news! I came home to a notice from the city that someone was complaining about my roos. This morning I received a second notice.
sad.png
It looks like my breeding project has just hit a brick wall! And my two roos are so gorgeous and it took so long to find 2 really great roos! Anyone want a trio of black ameraucanas (1boy, 2 girls) and a gorgeous FBCM roo and his 4 girls for breeding?

oh no! im so sorry. you were kind of my inspiration to having a rooster, now im scared to
sad.png
im so sorry you have to get rid of them
sad.png

Quote:
barnie.gif
If I hadn't just bought 4 black ameraucanas from you I would be taking those three for sure! Now I have to try to talk myself into it...
rant.gif

Sorry you have to give them up though
hit.gif

Last edited:
Welcome Allie
welcome-byc.gif
I got to warn you this website is addictive
droolin.gif

Here are some of the pictures of my son looking in on his new "baby chicks"
celebrate.gif

I think the hatch is almost complete. We hatched 14 one has a bad leg. The are no more pips. How long should we wait to see if we get more pips? Today is day 21.

Tomorrow we are planning on putting the new chicks in the brooder.

Chickens012.jpg

Chickens014.jpg

Chickens026-1.jpg

Quote:
Oh how cute!!! Wait a few more days. I was told to wait until day 26 a little while back and sure enough I had a late pipper on day 25!

Ron I would love for you to have them. I know you would take great care of them. I'm kinda hoping whoever takes them will let me have some fertile eggs every now and then.
hmm.png

Yes Aubrey, I can't recommend it at this stage. I asked both my neighbors on each side of me before I got them and they were both great with it. It must be someone to the back of our property. Probably the lady whose grown sons are always screaming and cussing at her and their wives that complained. It's usually the most obnoxious neighbor that find fault in others. It's tough to get attached then have to give them up! My boys are both so pretty!
hit.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Allie! So great to see someone from Carson City. We don't have much representation out your way but now we are finally seeing more folks from that area on here. OK I'll let all you Dayton, Gardnerville etc. folks introduce yourselves.
smile.png

What kind of chicks do you have?

Quote:
Yup, too much snow for little old me - I believe the show was towards the end of the month in Nov. Which is a really bad time for me - flock wise, most are molting
hu.gif
or starting to molt and who wants to look at a moth eaten bird?

I am not a member, but I keep wanting to go to their meetings - South Reno, but always forget and miss them
he.gif

I believe the Rios are a type of wild turk. I had to look them up on McMurrays site - they sell them also. They are smaller than the BBB and can reproduce naturally (wow that sounds so silly
roll.png
). I was surprised that the eggs are slightly smaller than my medium sized chicken eggs - creme colored with lovely brown speckles. From what I am reading, they probably will need a covered run - as they like to fly and roost in trees. Not that tree roosting is a problem here - I mean you need trees for there to be a problem - but I do not want them roosting on the vehicles and buildings.

gaited horse I do have mf cochins - two trios right now, with a mess of chicks on the ground. I have also recently purchased a very, very nice sparsly mottled black cochin roo to add some type to my mf cochins (he really is lovely - so incredibly fluffy, he is from show winning parents but has a bit too much gold leakage on his hackles to show and really do well). Are you looking to add to your flock? My MF stock is from Lynne in CA. Did you ever find your goats? Silly I know but I think about them from time to time.

No my goats never showed up
sad.png
I want a trio of MF cochins

Last edited:
Quote:
That's the one DH and I went to. We weren't impressed with the turnout but with the weather the way it was we didn't expect much.

My 4-H poultry club helped put it on. We had a lot of people get stuck in Californa.

Quote:
That's the one DH and I went to. We weren't impressed with the turnout but with the weather the way it was we didn't expect much.

My 4-H poultry club helped put it on. We had a lot of people get stuck in Californa.

Oh I'm sorry the weather put such a damper on your show! Hopefully this year they will have it earlier so the weather doesn't stink!

Sunny is back!
yippiechickie.gif
I enjoyed the pics. You should try south central Chile sometime if you like the waterfalls. Sorry about the chicken police.
sad.png
To all the new type folk
welcome-byc.gif
NV thread.

This week's hatch...
26956_100_0878.jpg

26956_100_0881.jpg

Olive eggers and blue NN/EExAmeraucana thing. (That was a shock!)
26956_100_0886.jpg

Mutts and possible pures out of our birds. BCM and the blue/blue wheaten Ameraucana roos over rainbow Marans, Ameraucanas, RIW, Polish, Welsummers, various Leghorns, Hamburg, blue Andulusian, Delaware, BR, OEG, Penedesenca, Lt Brahma, and mutt hens.
26956_100_0882.jpg

Hey vegaschick, do you see the splash up against the wall?
26956_100_0893.jpg

BCM & BLRW

See ya later!

Back
Top Bottom