Nevadans?

Love all the pics Ron and ke_ben!!! That little marans baby sure has a ton of feathers (well, fluff anyway) on it's legs! Good lookin' hatch! Those turkeys are sooo cute too!

Still no takers on the Marans and the Black Ameraucanas so I may have to put them up for auction instead. Bummer! Well I won't sell all the marans girls then, their eggs are so creamy and delicious and now that we're spoiled...
hmm.png

Carol, bummer about the 4 marans chicks! I have a few more dark, dark eggs in the bator right now. Do you want to trade me some of the boys for a few of the new chicks? We can't keep them either but you won't have to do the "deed" yourself. Hopefully you'll get at least one more pullet from the new chicks.
Oh, and yes, that chick is definitely a boy! If even I can tell (I'm always in denial) then it's pretty obvious.

ke_ben thanks for the welcome home and the tip on Chile. We just might have to do that. That is one of the countries that has been on our radar.

Genny put me down for one (or two) of those finished turkeys! I was gonna try and talk Ron out of one til I realized he only had 2.
lol.png
They are adorable but I'll have no problem enjoying them for Thankgiving dinner. We'll pay what ever the going rate is for homegrown turkeys.
big_smile.png

I pretty much have myself talked into taking your Black Ams, Sunny. Are they from a breeder? What do you want for them? I'll have to give up the small one's I got from you - just getting too crowded especially what with the turkeys and all.
hmm.png
But that shouldn't be a problem - they're pretty good looking!
thumbsup.gif

58980_blackam_small1.jpg

58980_blackam_small2.jpg

Quote:
COOL!!! Oops, one's a boy for sure too. But it's doubtful he would turn out as pretty as my boy is. I went through 4 boys to get to him. Yes they are from a breeder. They are from John Blehm. He was the president of the Ameraucana Breeders Club until very recently. Here's his web-site http://chickhatchery.com/.

I'm ready to work out a great deal for them but I want a few hatching eggs once in a while if that's ok with you. Since we aren't supposed to quote prices here (they want these things done through the auction pages) just PM me.

Gaited Horse when you are ready for your new cochins you should definitely look at Genny's. They are absolutely gorgeous!

Last edited:
Hi Sunny - thanks for the offer but someone I work with took the baby roos for me (she will process them for herself). Right now, I still have 5 left - 4 Am/EEs and 1 FBCM. I can appreciate how cute they were as the little baby chicks but I don't think I will do baby chicks anymore. I will see what I have left after they mature. I am fairly certain that the remaining FBCM is a pullet. So I will pass on anymore chickies.

Right now I have them in their own run inside the big girls run. When do ya'll think I can integrate them with the big girls? The baby "girls" are almost 6 weeks old. When the time is right, should I put them in the coop after everyone is asleep?

Also, should I dust everyone (including the baby girls) with sevin dust now?

thanks!

Quote:
Hi Mommas chickens!
frow.gif
Welcome to the Nevada thread! I added you to the first post. What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom