Nevadans?

Hey Sunny,

I sent you a pm.
big_smile.png

Brian

Quote:
hide.gif
Doh! I guess I misunderstood you. Have fun and good luck!

gaited horse don't you know what the nickname for Silver Springs is?

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on for a few weeks due to work and backyard chicken coop building and finally got my garden in just before the storm the other day. Now we have snow on Peavine again and I'm hoping my tomatoes I planted on Tuesday will be okay.

Quote:
lol! I have FBCM eggs that are exactly a week away from hatching but it would be tough to keep them warm on a 7 hour trip to Vagas.
smile.png
Ke_ben has a gorgeous new FBCM roo though! Hopefully he can help you out.

Hi PlayaChicken! Welcome to the Nevada thread!
frow.gif
Yes, this forum is super addicting! Almost as addicting as the chickens themselves.
tongue.png

Hi Brian! Yes I got your pm a few minutes ago and responded. Haven't been on today until now. In fact I'm not on much Friday through Sunday in general.

Ron would you just tell us already? Now I'm dying of curiosity! This nickname better be good after all this build up!
gig.gif

Sheryl I empathize with the gardening issues. We are due to have another freezing night sometime this week but you can always go to the garden center and get tomato tents. They are tepee like plastic structures that have little "tunnels" you fill with water. Even if the water freezes it will still act as an insulator that will keep your little seeds and/or seedlings from freezing. They are heavy enough, once filled, that they can resist most winds but if it gets super windy then you are on your own.
hmm.png

Felony Flats! A guy I know in Fernley (the one I got the pigs from) told me that's what his kids said everyone calls Silver Springs.
lol.png

This is Ballerina. About 5 weeks old in this pic. Thought she was looking a little manly with thick legs and red comb at 3 weeks old. Slower to feather than the others. 'She' is a BR.
92283_belize_391.jpg

Sunny if you have a hard time placing them, SIL is going to be over building for me on days off the next couple weeks.

Worse comes to worse, I'll have a place for them then. I want to make sure you can still hatch out enough chicks every year.

Back
Top Bottom