Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read in "The Sociopath Next Door" that 4% of the population are sociopaths. 1 in 25. They lack a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience. They are everywhere
hide.gif

you bring up some really good points,
this one in particular
"even though everyone knows a lot of it is out of the seller's control"
I notice that you have never listed an auction here on BYC, do you sell hatching eggs yourself? it's sounds like to have bought some eggs and not gotten all the "freebees" you wanted. when an auction lists 6 eggs, that is what you are bidding on, 6 eggs, and as you stated, everyone knows a lot of it is out of the seller's control. so how can you hold the seller responsible for the damage that happens once it leaves their hands. how does the seller know that you know how to hatch eggs, or that you aren't just saying they all got broken or didn't hatch just to get more free eggs. I personally only put up auctions this spring for 6 eggs because all but 1 rooster and 2 hens were left of my flock after a weasel hit us. it took several days for me to get 6 eggs that would be fresh enough to ship, if I sent 12, they would be over a week old. many people don't have a huge flock of a certain breed but have several smaller flocks of different breeds. I am sure there is more to this story then you are saying.
I could tell you about the hatching eggs I bought that hatched as showgirls not silkies and the replacements were more the same but I won't. I posted feedback on that person so everyone here will know and if you have a problem with a seller, they did not ship what you were buying or sent less then the auction stated, then you have gripe, but those extra eggs are just that, extras. sellers include them so you hopefully will get the number of chicks from those eggs but unless the auction explicitly states will include extras, they are not obligated to do so and we can't control what happens to eggs after they leave our hands, whether by postal service you pick up and we also can't guarantee that all eggs are fertile even if our own hatches are 98%.

Its hard to find people that do the right thing no matter what anymore.

I had an email this morning that talked about the Roy Rogers Museum closing...forever. The contents were auctioned and that's that. Gene Autry was another of my favorites. I loved their movies and I guess I learned a lot from them.

Where are the heros to teach us right from wrong, and how to have and show respect for each other and the animals that share this earth. We are so saturated with data that there is no room to learn about patriotism and honor anymore. It would be nice to have a modern day hero to teach us that lying and cheating are bad, and sex isn't as important as love. A hero that shows us how to suffer through
disappointment and failure and work through it like in the good old westerns.

I guess in the absence of 'heros' we just have to be good examples ourselves...

I try to do right by folks, and then there are folks where no matter how hard you try, nothing will be right according to them. I do my part to the best of my ability. Their part...is up to them.

I don't buy or sell hatching eggs, but you're right. people don't go out of their way for anyone much anymore(unless there's something in it for them).

just look at how people drive! they'll literally put their lives in danger to get ahead.

I want to scream when someone slams into me at the grocery store and doesn't even acknowledge me, much less say excuse me.

when I was a kid, mothers would cooperate to get things done, now I can't find a sitter to save my life.

a few months ago I went to the gas station, at the front door are two steps up. This little old man was struggling terribly to get out of his car and walk across the parking lot, I looked around and saw that no one even gave him a second look. So I helped him inside only to find out they didn't have the buttermilk his wife sent him there to get, so I helped him back to his car and told him "if you'll just wait here for 2 minutes, my house is one street over, I have a carton I just opened yesterday and only used a tiny bit of it, let me go get it for you." "you'd do that?...for me?" "of course! there's no sense in going all over town for buttermilk when I've got some right over there." After that, I felt horrible that all of the people who saw this man struggling so much were too consumed by their business to lend a hand. sad.

Quote:
I STRONGLY disagree with you. I work hard to make my customers happy, I have hand-held newbs through their first hatches, and have helped improve many a bloodline with my stock. I am always open to questions...but I don't think I'm out of the ordinary. I'm just a regular Joe, and I'm sure there are many others out there.

Folks need to remember ALL that can go wrong with hatching eggs. Once they leave the farm, the seller's responsibility is over. Anyone that does anything over & above just shipping clean, fertile eggs is going above & beyond, but it's absolutely not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom