New 2 week old ducklings questions.

Max0606

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2021
So yesterday we picked up 2 2 week old pekins ducklings. There doing pretty well but i had a few questions. We were told they would eat a lot but ive only seen them eating and drinking a little bit. Also we have them housed in one of those plastic storage bins and we have a heat lamp on one side but they are staying huddled up on the side with no heat lamp. The temp under the heat lamp is about 90 degrees. We are feeding non medicated purina flock raiser which is for both chickens and ducks i think. We also ordered niacin tablets but they wont be here till tommorow so we are giving yeast and peas today. I can upload a picture of the food if needed. Thanks!

They might be scared of the new place and sounds, but my main concern would be hydration. How do they react to you? Even if there’s water near, could you offer it to their beaks every 30 minutes or so until they get comfy? You could also scramble an egg for treats so maybe they’ll get energy from that and learn to trust you.

They might be scared of the new place and sounds, but my main concern would be hydration. How do they react to you? Even if there’s water near, could you offer it to their beaks every 30 minutes or so until they get comfy? You could also scramble an egg for treats so maybe they’ll get energy from that and learn to trust you.
Before they were running away but now they will follow me. I gave them some peas before but i can give some egg. There definitley drinking because i found there water and it was filled with there food.

Mine are one week tomorrow. They seem to like 80-85 the past couple days. Wild temperature swings make it bit hard to regulate those temps with their brooder in the garage.Exhausting.lol They‘re in a kiddie pool with a cardboard fence around it.

Mine are one week tomorrow. They seem to like 80-85 the past couple days. Wild temperature swings make it bit hard to regulate those temps with their brooder in the garage.Exhausting.lol They‘re in a kiddie pool with a cardboard fence around it.
The only difference between the cool side and the lamp side is that the cool side has a lid and the side with the lamp has no lid, can that be why there not going to the lamp?

Back
Top Bottom