1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

new addition!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kaybats, Jul 23, 2013.

1. kaybats

kaybats Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Our very first duckling hatched!

[​IMG]

With her two moms. Both of my girls went broody at the same time. They each had a good size clutch under them but sadly the eggs were slowly "disappearing". We caught the culprit a few days ago....a black snake!

2. taytheducklover

taytheducklover In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2012
    Congrats on the new duckling, what breed is she? She's gorgeous! [​IMG]

3. kaybats

kaybats Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    Thanks! I'm gonna say the biological mom is the cuyuga and the pop is a welsh harlequin. Can't wait to see how she (?) grows up!

4. taytheducklover

Jun 28, 2012
    Both beautiful breeds of ducks, hopefully she will turn out great! Hoping to order some Welsh ducklings soon!

5. kaybats

kaybats Songster

Jun 4, 2011
    I lost 7 ducks this year to coyotes who attacked when I was in the house having lunch. I did manage to dispatch them before they took all of them.

Blue Swedish and cuyuga only girls left and welsh boy. That' why I was so excited when they went broody. Sadly there are only two eggs left and I am hoping at least one will hatch so my new baby has a buddy!

6. taytheducklover

Jun 28, 2012
    Yeah I've had that problem, I lost 5 to a bobcat family. But then I got two more and hatched some more. Now I have a little diease problem but I have figured it out. Unfortunately a little too late for two of them. I had another one that was sick but he pulled through the night with the flushes we gave him! He already looks a lot stronger! But I hope the rest of those eggs hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: