new addition!!!

kaybats

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Our very first duckling hatched!

With her two moms. Both of my girls went broody at the same time. They each had a good size clutch under them but sadly the eggs were slowly "disappearing". We caught the culprit a few days ago....a black snake!

Thanks! I'm gonna say the biological mom is the cuyuga and the pop is a welsh harlequin. Can't wait to see how she (?) grows up!

I lost 7 ducks this year to coyotes who attacked when I was in the house having lunch. I did manage to dispatch them before they took all of them.

Blue Swedish and cuyuga only girls left and welsh boy. That' why I was so excited when they went broody. Sadly there are only two eggs left and I am hoping at least one will hatch so my new baby has a buddy!

Yeah I've had that problem, I lost 5 to a bobcat family. But then I got two more and hatched some more. Now I have a little diease problem but I have figured it out. Unfortunately a little too late for two of them. I had another one that was sick but he pulled through the night with the flushes we gave him! He already looks a lot stronger! But I hope the rest of those eggs hatch!

Back
Top Bottom