New Additions!!

Finally some pictures!!! All of our new birds are "quarantined" or penned separately for now (25ftx20ft), but soon they will be able to roam the acreage with the other birds. Our newbies are 2 male and 3 female Indian Runners; 1 male and 3 female Silkies. The silkies are especially timid and ran to hide in the darkest corners of the littlest coop as soon as I came out with a camera, but I did my best! The Indian Runners just amaze me, they are so much more distinguished than our hatchery Runners! (Whom I still love just as much, of course!!) Just a reminder, these are my first silkies and my first show quality birds, so I would love any advice or tips or information any one has about them! In fact, I am always happy to hear any general advice about any of the flock we have!! Thank you!
big_smile.png

Sorry these are not the greatest pictures, there will be a lot more in my default album soon. My computer does not want to post multiple photos and I am too impatient to go through the process too many more times, haha.

Adorable! all of them. Have fun!

Very cute. I don't name mine either. Some of the ones that have colored leg bands so that I can tell one from another are called by the color. So I have several Blue, Green, Pink and Oranges, both males and females chickens and ducks. ;)

LOL, you know honestly, some of mine don't even have them... i couldn't keep it all straight after awhile anyways.
hide.gif

Very cute. I don't name mine either. Some of the ones that have colored leg bands so that I can tell one from another are called by the color. So I have several Blue, Green, Pink and Oranges, both males and females chickens and ducks. ;)
Good point about naming, I guess as we grow our flock it gets less realistic to do that.

Good point about naming, I guess as we grow our flock it gets less realistic to do that.

It's also if they look alike becomes impossible to tell them apart. I have a trio of chocolates, i bought all of them at the same time.. the kids named them but even they cannot recall who is who anymore lol .. so they are referred to as the 'chocolate box'... eventually it just becomes impossible and while i am sure the second i say this someone will come out and say their duck did i think it's safe to say most do not respond to names, like horses, dogs, cats etc do.

Last edited:

I like that idea! i should do that! too many birds the same darn colour.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom