New American Buff Goslings... possible splayed leg?

I hope your gosling's curled toes respond to the nutritional supplements - that level of curling is unusual. As @New duck mommy 2021 mentioned, I'd immediately change out the brooder flooring to a type that will provide better traction, like rubber shelf liner or towels.

Best of luck!
Exactly what I was thinking! Put in some rug gripper and give it 24 hours.
Curled toes get painters tape shoes for at least 3 days.

I hope your gosling's curled toes respond to the nutritional supplements - that level of curling is unusual. As @New duck mommy 2021 mentioned, I'd immediately change out the brooder flooring to a type that will provide better traction, like rubber shelf liner or towels.

Best of luck!
Update... legs are definitely splayed, and I have tried uncurling the toes to bandage them and it's like they're stuck. I literally can't uncurl them. I also didn't realize the B Vitamin liquid I got from tractor supply was only B12, NOT B complex. I don't know if this chick will make it.

It is now breathing heavily, I have given it some nutritional yeast mixed in water from a syringe and it's still preening itself, but it doesn't look healthy compared to the other one. I now have them on a towel. The other one is up walking around, eating and drinking. I feel terrible I have no experience with this and just doing my best based on what the person who I got the eggs from told me.

Update... legs are definitely splayed, and I have tried uncurling the toes to bandage them and it's like they're stuck. I literally can't uncurl them. I also didn't realize the B Vitamin liquid I got from tractor supply was only B12, NOT B complex. I don't know if this chick will make it.

It is now breathing heavily, I have given it some nutritional yeast mixed in water from a syringe and it's still preening itself, but it doesn't look healthy compared to the other one. I now have them on a towel. The other one is up walking around, eating and drinking. I feel terrible I have no experience with this and just doing my best based on what the person who I got the eggs from told me.
You are doing what you can
Are you able to get the durvet vitamin B complex ?

You are doing what you can
Are you able to get the durvet vitamin B complex
I didn't see it at our TSC. All they had was the B12. But I'm wondering if I can use like human B Complex chewable and break it into pieces?

If it is still alive by tomorrow I will check it out. Its breathing has actually calmed down since having the B12 and nutritional yeast in a syringe, so if it perks up I'm going to try splinting the legs tomorrow.

B12 will give the baby a lot of energy, the nutritional yeast actually has a lot of different B vitamins in it so it’s a great option to use if you don’t have B complex.
You’re doing all that you can and honestly there’s only so much you can do. This baby would have had issues more than likely regardless, sometimes it just happens. I’m praying this little one pulls through!

I didn't see it at our TSC. All they had was the B12. But I'm wondering if I can use like human B Complex chewable and break it into pieces?

If it is still alive by tomorrow I will check it out. Its breathing has actually calmed down since having the B12 and nutritional yeast in a syringe, so if it perks up I'm going to try splinting the legs tomorrow.
You can use humane kind
But can also order the durvet off Amazon in the states
How is baby this morning ?

Back
Top Bottom