New And Chickless

SethAHughes

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Toledo Ohio
I'm Seth and I joined out of an interest my wife actually instilled in me. She's always wanted to raise back yard chickens, but one problem. No back yard. in fact We're in an apartment at the moment with a pair of Guinea pigs and their daughter (the petshop didn't know they were a pair lol) 2 cats, 10 goldfish, 2 recently rescued Clown fish, and a mouse named Mrs. Brisby (Johnathan Brisby escaped the tank one night, and Conner and Murphey thought he was one of their toys). It is blatantly clear we love animals and we hope to one day add chickens to our family. We have a great interest in self reliance/self sufficiency and already live rather frugally and trying to do as much as we can to help us save up to our ultimate goal of a small property with our tiny house, coop and garden. I look forward to learning all I can so that when the time comes I'll be prepared for almost anything.

welcome-byc.gif
Interesting head gear on your avatar- I turn a few heads myself
gig.gif

Lol!! Certainly turned my head! Mine came from our time in Wisconsin. I forget what the buck's name was, but that was the final (and largest) rack of Shalom animal sanctuary's Elk. It was so big and heavy that in one of his last fights, during the rut, it literally split his skull. He won the fight, but died shortly after. We All took turns Posing with them before the camera died. ^_^

Back
Top Bottom