new and having mixed feelings

I very recently joined NYC and I am having mixed feelings about this site. I have picked up a bunch of great advice but have also gotten some very nasty private messages and been really turned off by the elitist attitudes of some seasoned BYCers. Anyone else had this experience?

hugs.gif
Sorry, earlier I forgot to also give you a hug! Trust me, most are nice people! Some may be having a bad moment or "day" or stressing out and don't mean to be mean. Be like a duck and let it run off your back
jumpy.gif

Oh no... sorry to hear you've had a rough time. I'm new as well, but so far everyone has been really nice! I hope your experience in the coming weeks is better. :) Welcome to BYC!

Elitist chicken owners? Good lord. I ran into that while taking my dog to obedience training while living in Minnesota. Had her just about to working dog training when I started hearing the sneers about "my dog was sired by blah, blah blah" (and finding out they were HALF owner!). My dog was a mutt, and a smart one at that. We left, and never looked back.

A note to any like that: please keep your PMs to yourselves. :)

I very recently joined NYC and I am having mixed feelings about this site. I have picked up a bunch of great advice but have also gotten some very nasty private messages and been really turned off by the elitist attitudes of some seasoned BYCers. Anyone else had this experience?

Welcome!
wee.gif

I'm new here too. I've yet to get an ugly pm but I'm sure it will happen sooner or later, ignore it and go on about your business. There will always be a few of "those" everywhere.
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom