new and having mixed feelings

WelcometoBYC.gif
. I'm sorry you've had some rude members bother you. You should defiantly block the members that are trolling you

I agree that you should use the red flags - I flagged someone's posts that I thought were just mean and derogatory, and the next day they had been edited out. So the moderators care about that sort of thing and do address it!

Welcome and I hope you have nothing but positive experiences from now on!

Some threads are not as good as others, but I think you will find the large majority of posters are great! (I agree with FireTigeris. There is no place for bullying and it should be reported to the mods.)

I know what you mean about the elitists. Just like in real life- you have to ignore them. There are thousands and thousands of members, so you're bound to run into a jerk every now and then. Almost everyone is super friendly and helpful, though. I've NEVER gotten a nasty PM, so I think you just had a bout of bad luck there. Keep posting. You'll see that there are only a few bad eggs. (EGGS?! Get it?!)

I'm sorry that your first experiences have been bad... that can really turn a person off. There a lot more nice, helpful, and friendly people people on here then there are rude ones. Please report nasty comments a moderator.

First of all, welcome to BYC! Sorry you have had such an experience. I'm a newbie too - only about a week, but don't give up.
wink.png
We all don't bite and you will meet some really wonderful people on here that are willing to share their experiences and knowledge instead of being nasty. Good luck to you!
thumbsup.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Hi, I am new also and haven't been on here long enough to have experienced such rude behavior. Some good advice was offered in the previous posts. I will take some of it to heart myself and probably dial it down a bit. My comment in a post suggesting people are idiots for having a Border Collie in Urban or Suburban settings might have been a bit strong. Some of us tend to get pretty passionate about our charges - chickens, dogs etc. Thanks for speaking up.

I joined Las fall and I have not had any issues, tho I have seen some elitist comments ... but they are rare. It bothers me that someone is bullying through a PM ... chalk it up to them being cowards and report them. We want and need you here!

This place is great .... and so are 99% of the.peeps on here :)

I very recently joined NYC and I am having mixed feelings about this site. I have picked up a bunch of great advice but have also gotten some very nasty private messages and been really turned off by the elitist attitudes of some seasoned BYCers. Anyone else had this experience?

No, but if people are sending you mean private messages, use the FLAG and flag them for it! BYC doesn't tolerate rudeness to members.

Back
Top Bottom