New arrivals come Monday, anyone gotten MPC/Meyer birds recently?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
My final shipment of the year comes next week, probably Tuesday. The temperatures are getting colder and I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with birds not surviving in the mail lately. The other shipment I got early September was 100% alive but still makes me a little nervous. Anyone get any "packing peanuts" with their birds from MPC/Meyer? After these 8 new arrivals I will have 28 chickens. Well the breeds I'm getting are...

2 Speckled Sussex
2 Easter Eggers
2 Dark Cornish
1 Naked Neck / Turken
1 White Cochin

Another question about the Easter eggers. Anyone have pictures of the Easter eggers they got from Meyer/MPC recently? I have 2 EE right now and they look the same, black and gold, was kind of hoping I get a little more color variety in my new EE's. Fingers crossed.

I just received 4 Buff Orps from MPC yesterday. Mine came filled with some straw batting and a heat pack. All arrived alive and well.

I received 5 chicks froom MPC on Tuesday Sept 27th, safe and sound packed with a heating pad. They were only in transit less than 24 hours and it was nice weather her in New England. How's the weather looking where you are?

Received 11 healthy chicks from Meyer on Thursday. Ohio to Montana in less than 44 hrs. All are doing fine. 6 Doms., 4 Chanties and 1 chipmunk Ameracuana. Didn't know about the Meyer meal maker deal until too late. They send 1 free chick if you agree to raise it and donate the eggs to needy people in your community. Item #MMMF. pg. 26 in their catalog.

We received twenty eight cornish cross from Meyer this past week - with a few packing peanuts. They all arrived safe, and everyone looks good so far. Like you, I was also concerned about the cooler temps, although it's not been so bad here in MA this week. The little ones were huddled together, but not too chilled. Whew!

As far as the EE's and color variance ~ perhaps they were just the luck of the draw?

Back
Top Bottom