New Arrivals! (pic intensive) - more on page 2

Here they are at 7 weeks of age (little over a week ago), Chocolates on the left and a black on the right...

all7weeks.jpg

your ducks are beautiful lol. i will go out right now and take some pictures of him/her now because its been 5 weeks so the color is much different. ill post the pics in about 10 minutes

2hd1hmq.jpg

29cauch.jpg

zk626r.jpg

2cqi51z.jpg

im thinking blue but its a mix i believe... so im not sure.. her feet used to be black when she was little now there a light color losing all the black in them.... also is the color of the beak/feet a sign of male female? lol thanks
smile.png

I would definitely say Blue from the pictures I have seen online. Blue's seem to have mottled mix of black/orange feet and bills - it is not a determinate of sex at all. The only way you will know for sure is the voice or the tail feathers in a couple more weeks. Is it quacking yet? Mine started shifting about 5 weeks and totally went to quaking around 6-7 weeks.

edit: BTW- Some of mine LOVE the stems from dandelions... fluff or no fluff. We showed them they were edible by breaking them and handing them the bits while they watched... now they trash the dandelion flower stems anytime they cross paths with them!

Last edited:
lol thats too funny! she sometimes goes into a quack but is still at that weird peeping stage! haha. she will be 6 weeks on saturday! but when she tries to quack it sure is loud. im hoping a female. id rather not keep any males but hey... whatever happens it was meant to be.

Quote:
That is so funny about your ducks not trusting the pond anymore. Makes me wonder what they are thinking while they are staring longingly at the pond..."I swear, the water was here, and then it was just.....gone!" LOL.

You know, I would have never thought about cutting the netting. I just had a forehead slap moment because I have been wanting some way of enclosing the younger ducklings so that they could spend more time in the yard during the day without using up more lumber. Right now, I use rebar fished through chicken wire to make a make shift run, but it is only good for keeping the babies from going everywhere, the dogs could easily get them, and the cats, or anything really, so I have to be standing right there the whole time. I bet if I surrounded that with sections of the netting, we would be in good shape. I never thought of it before because as you know that netting is pretty long. I could do that really close to where my charger is already, put up some garden netting to cover the top... that could be the answer. Of corse, I could just use single strand, that might be just as effective. LOL, sometimes I swear I miss the most obvious solutions and just jump right to the hard stuff for the answer... Ugggg!

I'd say a fried toad is a pretty good indicator of how well the fence is working!
lol.png
My dogs hit the fence and spent a good amount of time pouting afterwards. Silly dogs. My cats have hit it to, and don't even consider going over, though everything out there is a bit much for a little cat to handle now. I hope your ducks start swimming again soon!

Back
Top Bottom