New Australian Hatching Mystery Egg at Home

aahhh my gosh what now? one handed typing because hewont stay in the bowl. do I need to feed and or water him? water with a little brown sugar, is that the shot? theres lots of water in the bottom of the egg, will pics when I can!
hopefully you have some feed around

a box with a light. 40 whats is enough. run it at 95f for a week then reduce it by 5f each week till at your night temps and he is feathering

warmth feed and water. if you can get a sacrificial duck at the store, you will make him a lot happier

dont spread the word locally until you know what the legalities are of owning a wood duck are.

be prepared for your new shyte factory.

congrats again

I'll respond to comments asap, har to type with baby duckling on me! our ambient temp and humidity here are 31c and 80%, so its fairly warm at least. juyst trying to assemble a nice larger container for him; he is most definitely not sleepy!! I can't believe he's so energetic and strong!! what a little fighter!!!

And thank you oz for bringing me to this story!!!
smile.png
my getting-the-flock-out-of-here thread in my siggie has some suspense but this takes the cake.

After being egg bound for so long, he's thrilled to be loose. Isn't that just like a baby. When you are dying to sleep, they are full of energy.

Back
Top Bottom