New babies

Duckmomofnow2

Chirping
Apr 23, 2023
So after mourning the loss of my Pekins and Kahki Cambells I went out one day and got four new baby Pekins. I was also give four Muscovies from a friend. They are so adorable and just lovely! I did notice that one of the little baby Pekins may have a bill deformity? The baby eats and drinks and loves to play. And it doesn’t seem to be in any pain. I was wondering what would cause this? I like to learn as much as I can about ducks.

BABE7E4B-7E7E-4F72-B576-ADFAAA1B105F.jpeg
90624AC4-196E-498E-9577-2E325DC047E0.jpeg
C90697E9-5ABE-45D8-BD58-BC7CE27FC555.jpeg
B31AF8D0-851C-4A95-8DEB-D84772163D87.jpeg

Could be something that happened during incubation. It doesn't look too bad and it the duckling is eating and drinking without any problems then I wouldn't worry. Now as it grows if the top bill gets shorter you may have to feed it in a deep bowl so the little one can scoop its food better. They sure are adorable and so are your Muscovy

Could be something that happened during incubation. It doesn't look too bad and it the duckling is eating and drinking without any problems then I wouldn't worry. Now as it grows if the top bill gets shorter you may have to feed it in a deep bowl so the little one can scoop its food better. They sure are adorable and so are your Muscovy
I will definitely keep an eye out and thank you! I’m happy to have ducks again! 😊

My boy has a mangled end to his bill -- far worse that your duckling's defect @Duckmomofnow2

Your duck will be just fine. It might appreciate feeding from a deep bowl, and getting defrosted frozen peas from a plastic disposable cup that tapers to the bottom. It will likely 'plow' its food rather than bite its food, hence the deep bowl and plastic cup that will retain more pellets and peas as they are plowed up the side. My boy was able to bite at weeds when foraging.

20230618_092924.jpg

Back
Top Bottom