new baby bunnys

phoenix912

Songster
8 Years
Jan 7, 2012
Indiana
We have 5 new baby's. One of our "male" rabbits had 5 baby's this morning. Guess what he is a she. It was quite a surprise to find baby's in there.

Last edited:
Oh wow that must have been a shocker!
smile.png

Yes it was. I went out to feed our chickens. One of the baby's slipped thru the wire of the cage. It was laying on the ground. I called my bf. Told him one of your boys is a girl. He said how do you know. I told him she left us baby's. L.O.L.

Hey Phoenix... left a note on Jennyxo's thread to you, but saw your thread here. We "supposedly" had 2 females, went away over night, came home and check on bunnies... and there were 7 little babies!!!

I was out feeding the chicken's. Seen a little pink thing on the ground. There were five baby's all together.

Hey at least we don't have to hijackthis thread. Sorry I'm slow with replying. Typing with a kindle sucks.

We have 11 baby's now. Our other "male" gave us 6 more. The lady we got them from said they were all males. Guess she needs her eye's checked. Maybe that's why she had so many to get rid of. L.O.L.

Actually, it's a very common mistake, though it usually goes the other way. I have seen some very experienced rabbit breeders get embarrassed at a rabbit show when what turns out to be a young buck is entered in the young doe class. You have to get really personal with a young rabbit to know its gender; it's easy to make mistakes. We rabbit people often joke about the rabbits changing sexes - they don't, of course! - because the "parts" are small and the differences subtle. By the time an animal is of reproductive age, of course, it's hard to miss!

Congrats on the little ones!

Back
Top Bottom