New Baby Chicks and Geese Coming!

rkellett

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 25, 2014
Cabot VT
I just ordered 24 Dark Cornish chicks, and 2 Toulouse goslings. I'm so excited to raise these birds! Has anyone raised chickens and geese together? I'm thinking of free ranging them together, but giving them separate housing quarters. Thoughts from others with chickens and geese are appreciated. I would love to hear stories!

I had free ranging geese this summer and my chickens were fenced.

The geese would come up to the fence and yell at the chickens, and grab the fence and shake it. I rather think the geese would have killed the chickens if they could have reached them.

The geese did like hanging out where they could see the chickens.

when I was a kid my Oma had a geese and chickens in a very large coop, and they were all fine. Her coop was maybe 10x10 with a nestbox room that was 4x4.

My chickens have free range during the day, and I added a pair of geese, and both keep their distance. The geese have their own coop. They take turns at the food and water.

I just ordered 24 Dark Cornish chicks, and 2 Toulouse goslings. I'm so excited to raise these birds! Has anyone raised chickens and geese together? I'm thinking of free ranging them together, but giving them separate housing quarters. Thoughts from others with chickens and geese are appreciated. I would love to hear stories!
Are you getting your goslings soon?

Back
Top Bottom