New baby chicks

Shaygray14

Chirping
Mar 18, 2020
Hello! This is my first time hatching chicks at home! So far we are on the last number four hatching. But these two were kinda late... anyways the one that hatched last night is doing ok. She seems kinda strong. Having a hard time getting up/ walking tho she’s trying and hasn’t opened her eyes... normal?
I missed the first two when they were born so I didn’t get to see it
And she has a hard crusty thing in her butt. And I know to watch out for pasty butt
So I gently pulled and it looked like it had veins on the inside dried part... normal? Do I need to give her more time?
I just don’t wanna rush her u know but don’t wanna let her sit with it if it’s bad. Thanks

I would give her a bit more time. Some are just weak at first. Could you post a photo of the chick?

This was from earlier. I’ll try to get out there in a little and take a new one. She’s way more fluffy now!!

Attachments

• FF130929-A665-435B-A0B5-008759AC2E74.png
    FF130929-A665-435B-A0B5-008759AC2E74.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Congratulations on the home hatching! This is always very exciting and one of my favorite chick moments. I am so glad she is getting stronger! Well done!
Thank you!! I figured we have a rooster so why not!?
Haha I’m sorry worried about her but tho.. that thing is still there...
the fourth egg hatched a little bit ago and she’s already opened her eyes! And trying to walk haha

Back
Top Bottom