New Baby Chicks!

I got my chicks from My Pet Chicken last year. Some Easter Eggers and an ? assortment. That is what got me started on this crazy addiction. Now I want to have rainbow eggs-eggs of every color. The chicks I have now are a mix from my eggs hatched by a friend and chicks from the feed store.

How many times a day do you count them.....ok or maybe I just have ocd....lol. y

Oh, I count mine every time I go out there to check on them!! I've read so many posts of people having totally happy chicks and then out of nowhere....
sad.png
. I'm not quite sure when the "safe zone" is on age and sudden death. So I guess when they are about 10 years old I'll stop counting.
tongue.png

I got my chicks from My Pet Chicken last year. Some Easter Eggers and an ? assortment. That is what got me started on this crazy addiction. Now I want to have rainbow eggs-eggs of every color. The chicks I have now are a mix from my eggs hatched by a friend and chicks from the feed store.

Too cute!! I'm trying to avoid going crazy at this point and collecting as many as my coop can hold. A little of that is for my sanity, but mostly it's so I don't overwhelm my husband. We'll probably get some more chicks next year. But then again, my neighbor just hatched 11 last week and is trying to have me adopt some. So much fun!!

ChickDrmr, I think we are sisters LOL. We got our chicks yesterday (all 36 of 'em) and I was almost late for work this morning because I was just standing there staring at them. It's hard to count them all but I have such a variety that some of them are easy to pick out. When one of them falls asleep I check to make sure she's breathing! Who knew that days old chicks could be so darn entertaining!
celebrate.gif

Sue

Back
Top Bottom