New baby Silkies... please help with color! *pics*

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
I bought some hatching eggs from a fellow BYCer. Her rooster is black and her hens are black, blue and splash. I had 6 of the 12 eggs hatch, and I THINK I have 4 blue, 1 black, and 1 splash. But I didn't think it was possible to get Splash? It is white with black lines on it's back. I have one that is for sure black, and the other 4 look black also but their bellies are lighter and they have light colored foot feathering. I'd appriciate the help! Thanks!

All 6 babies

SilkieBabies.jpg

A Blue? and Splash?

SilkiesInSlipper.jpg

Blue?

BlueSilkie.jpg

Splash?

Splashchick.jpg

Last edited:
Awww, they really do look black! I am jealous, I am still waiting for my first black!

Incidently on the white ones, all of mine like that are feathering out to be blue/black
Here are your chicks siblings.....

2272009023.jpg

2272009014.jpg

2272009019.jpg

It will be interesting to see what they turn out like. Still, no one can tell me or why! Just one of those freak things.

Oh good, glad you saw this! My email is messing up and so I was having trouble sending pics. So you think mine are all black? And I guess we're still unsure of the white one?

I REALLY wanted blue chicks!....
barnie.gif

Yep, I really do think yours are black, too bad you weren't closer, I would love to trade you blue for black!!

Up in the air still with the white ones... I think yours might be a cockerel though, it seems to have a really wide comb area.

I lost a blue one today, not sure why, it was just dead. kinda in the corner so might have gotten smothered.
sad.png

They all look black to me except for the one with the stripes. It may be blue partridge. Definitley not splash. vEry cute chickies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom