New Bag of Feed and No Eggs Since

CATRAY44

Lard Cookin Chicken Woman
15 Years
Jun 4, 2008
Hillsdale County, Michigan
Have any of you ever bought layer feed, same brand but new bag and had your birds cease to lay? Most of mine who are laying are sex link pullets who never miss a day. I have a 2 year old hen and one newly laying bantam. All three have stopped at the same time, within days of starting the new bag of feed. Any ideas?

Mine are on strike right now, and I have sure it has nothing to do with the feed, but everything to do with the time of year. Unfortunately this happens in the winter, when we do most of our baking!!!

I get my feed from TSC and a feed store. I have to travel to get to the feed store but it's $4.00 less a bag. Sometimes I get 7 eggs and today I got 3. I have 13 hens. It may be because of winter.
idunno.gif
th.gif

One of my mf d'uccles stopped laying before Thanksgiving. The other laid 11 dud eggs in a hidden nest around Thanksgiving, but none since. And my black australorp hasn't laid any since around Christmas. I'm chalking it up to a winter break.

edited to add.... *mf*^ stands for MILLIE FLEUR! After I submitted my post I read over it again and realized that could be taken WAY out of context. Besides, I'm not mad at her.
lol.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Since most of them are pullets, and have hardly missed a day, I was just suprised that they all stopped at once. Combs are still very red. One had only been laying a week...

Well, this mystery is solved. The little buggers outsmarted me. I found a huge pile of eggs BEHIND the hay bale I have wedged up against the run, undrneath an old work bench. I have no idea how they squeezed their fat little behinds in there with no tunnel to be seen!

Back
Top Bottom