NEW Beautiful (insert color here) Muscovy (pics pg.1 & 2)

heres some new pics
what is this color called?

22554_img_2589.jpg

22554_img_2591.jpg

Ahhh, Looks like a drake. Still, a bit difficult to judge with no other duck/Scovy to compare it to. The caruncles do look like a drakes and the last pic. looks like he would have a terrific crest/mowhawk if you can get him to flare that topcurl up. I believe the color is Lilac or as some call it, Blue Fawn. Bleenie will know. She's has a ton of colors.
wink.png

Quote:
How do I get him to flare it up???? The owner said it flares up when it gets mad. So im gonna say drake with you all. No i need some females!! LOL

you most definately have a drake. the best way to tell with muscovies is the caruncles. males have more than females. also the males are much larger than females. they are not like your normal mallard derived duck. muscovies don't have the curl in the tail feather. i have had mine for about 3 months and have learned so much. they are soo fun.

so far no caruncling here yet. i actually don't know when to expect it actually, but the ball type thing at the start of his bill tells me that he is a boy.
i want to guess and maybe say lavendar is his color, but i am still learning colors
smile.png

he is a beautiful drake!!!

Thanks guys for all the help and the info!!! He's the first one ive ever had or seen. He loves to just hang out and talk to me, that hiss noise thing. He also shakes his tail alot... does that mean he is happy???

Check to see if it quacks and coos or if it can only hiss. Because of the caruncling and feet size I wanna say drake. Positive its a drake if it can only hiss because for some reason the males can only make the one noise...oh and it looks like a self blue (lavender) pied.

Quote:
Oh!!! So far it doesnt say a whole lot. A hiss or two if i walk past it. Or if i talk to him real sweetly. Hes a lover!!
love.gif

my drake sounds like a broken sqeek toy and both my duckies hiss at the kitties. and both shake their tails. my little girl will shake hers if i say shake your butt quackers and my drake comes up and kisses me if i make kissie noises and he shakes his tail as well. shaking tails means they are happy and/or excited. my drake is a lover too. such a mommy's boy

Back
Top Bottom