New Bill Threatens Aviculture & other Pets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes think we need to put a stop to this bill.

The way it reads non native. There go the racing pigeon, non native so could not be released for the races.
So many birds that are non native, pigeons,peafowl,pheasants,parakeets,parrots and to many to list. You can add alot of animals, hamsters,guinea pigs,sugar gliders,and many more.

Pass these laws ,will only hurt those of us that follow them. Most state already have laws about releasing non-natives, but these are still broken. Like no turkeys are aloud to free range here in Ohio, but people still do.
There is more money made now bringing birds in than drugs and not legal. Others spend thousands bring them in legal.

Last edited:
Quote:
I read the text of the bill and believe his summary and conclusions to be inaccurate.

The bill does not restrict importation of "all non-native and non-domestic animals." It restricts importation of:

"A) any species included in the list of prohibited species under section 5; or
(B) any species, the importation of which is prohibited by any other Federal law or regulation of the United States due to the likelihood of causing harm to the economy, the environment, or other animal species or human health.

Lophura's argument seems to be based on an idea that the Secretary of the Interior will violate the provisions of the law and
remove all harmelss non-native species from the list of species approved for importation. As I read it, harmelss non-native species are not subject to restrictions.

Lophura states: "I would like to know who will compile the list and what critrea they will use." It is clear to anyone that has read the bill carefully that the Secretary of the Interior will compile the list and the criteria to be used is to include scientific and commercial data.

I urge anyone interested to read the bill carefully themselves before giving any credibility to Lophura's conlusions. I think this "issue" is much alarmist ado about nothing.

Wayne

This is what we need more laws???????

Just reads some of the post on here, how many still kill bird of prey, and other without checking the laws. Ship birds and hatching eggs across state line, all illegal. Unless with permits or health papers.

Passing these will only hurt those that try to stay within the law.

If people would follow the laws we have, or those were inforced. We would not need more, Most Laws you cant release non-native now, people still do.

One can either fight to keep their animals
or
they can fight to get their rights back later on.

guess which one would be the useless fight.
certainly wouldnt be the one that keeps your animals.

Quote:
Hi,
While everyone has their opinions, it is good to think things thru before acting. A large problem with these things are they never think down the road, the repercussions, etc. Example is the horse slaughter issue. It is something that wasn't thought out any further than the kleenex box. Now it has created greater problems than it was meant to "save."

I for one, would LOVE to see an America where FREEDOM still means something. Everyday in this country more and more of our "rights and freedoms" are being taken away. The very thing that made this country great is dwindling at a staggering pace and people had better learn to get along and wake up and smell the carpet fresh. One day we will be faced with someone passing a bill about how many rolls of toilet paper you can get, loaves of bread, pets you can and cannot own, what kind of car you can drive, children you can have etc. I don't know too many people who would appreciate that. Education is the greatest tool there is, The United States used to be very highly ranked in education in the world, now we are about 25th on the list. Extremely sad!
Instead of passing bills and laws, we need EDUCATION on things.

There will always be people who can afford, thru money and influence, anything their hearts desire. They will be able to get around any law and find every loophole. The ones who will suffer are the "average" Americans and the animals themselves. Trying to live a happy and somewhat "normal" life. There will always be those criminals and black market people who will still be in business and making substantial amounts of money by making these things available to those who want them, outlawing these very things, will only create more problems.

They can't even keep ILLEGAL immigrents (Which i have no problem with those wanting to come here LEGALLY but if they have sneak in that means they can't get the necessary paperwork for what ever reason to come here legally....= illegal= against the law.) from coming into this country, (12,000-14,000 a day and 1800 border patrol....) they want to stop exotic animals?!?!?!?

I'd love to see Freedoms remain and the government stay out of everything else. They haven't done such a bang up job so far. Imagine if you bounced your check book to the tune of a couple trillion???
They are supposed to be some of the smartest people around, and we are so in HOCK its not even funny!

Spread the word on this bill,
Take care,
JMHO,
Angela

Quote:
Hi,
While everyone has their opinions, it is good to think things thru before acting. A large problem with these things are they never think down the road, the repercussions, etc. Example is the horse slaughter issue. It is something that wasn't thought out any further than the kleenex box. Now it has created greater problems than it was meant to "save."

I for one, would LOVE to see an America where FREEDOM still means something. Everyday in this country more and more of our "rights and freedoms" are being taken away. The very thing that made this country great is dwindling at a staggering pace and people had better learn to get along and wake up and smell the carpet fresh. One day we will be faced with someone passing a bill about how many rolls of toilet paper you can get, loaves of bread, pets you can and cannot own, what kind of car you can drive, children you can have etc. I don't know too many people who would appreciate that. Education is the greatest tool there is, The United States used to be very highly ranked in education in the world, now we are about 25th on the list. Extremely sad!
Instead of passing bills and laws, we need EDUCATION on things.

There will always be people who can afford, thru money and influence, anything their hearts desire. They will be able to get around any law and find every loophole. The ones who will suffer are the "average" Americans and the animals themselves. Trying to live a happy and somewhat "normal" life. There will always be those criminals and black market people who will still be in business and making substantial amounts of money by making these things available to those who want them, outlawing these very things, will only create more problems.

They can't even keep ILLEGAL immigrents (Which i have no problem with those wanting to come here LEGALLY but if they have sneak in that means they can't get the necessary paperwork for what ever reason to come here legally....= illegal= against the law.) from coming into this country, (12,000-14,000 a day and 1800 border patrol....) they want to stop exotic animals?!?!?!?

I'd love to see Freedoms remain and the government stay out of everything else. They haven't done such a bang up job so far. Imagine if you bounced your check book to the tune of a couple trillion???
They are supposed to be some of the smartest people around, and we are so in HOCK its not even funny!

Spread the word on this bill,
Take care,
JMHO,
Angela

thumbsup.gif

Yeah, yeah. Freedoms. We all love our freedoms but no amount of blustering about freedom changes the fact that Lophura's interpretation is only mere speculation and doesn't coincide with the text of the bill.

Wayne

Last edited:
I belive Wayne thinks the goverment is really looking out for us, and they know whats best for us. Me on the other hand think they need to quit trying to run and control everything. They screw up 99.9% of everything they have any thing to do with. Wayne since you know so much more about this bill, grace us with your intelligence, and explain it for us.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom