New Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Flock

Quote:
so Beautiful! I have Bantam Cochins but enjoy seeing BLRWs. It feels like going to a museum - "not all the paintings are equally good but all of them look good on the walls"

Give me another year - my F1s (Bantam Cochin BLR) are only 2-1/2 months old now.
wink.png

Hi Coopa,
I first "met" you on the Mille Fleur Cochin Yahoo Group. Wish I could have as many flocks as you have.
MJGigax

Quote:
Give me another year - my F1s (Bantam Cochin BLR) are only 2-1/2 months old now.
wink.png

Hi Coopa,
I first "met" you on the Mille Fleur Cochin Yahoo Group. Wish I could have as many flocks as you have.
MJGigax

Hi! Small world, isn't it? I've always loved the BLRW, well, almost as much as I love my Bantam Cochins! So when the opportunity presented itself to find good-typed birds with the genes I needed to get started, I thought why not give it a try. To get not only the color correct but also clear, defined lacing is certainly going to be a challenge. I really admire and thank all the BLRW breeders for all their time, hard work and dedication. I just hope I have the stamina to see this through.

They're not a recognized variety so no colour standard exists. As to type she's too long & flat in the back. Tail isn't fully developed but appears a bit pinched. Most Blue Laced Reds I've seen have poor type. People who breed these have been too concerned with colour & not concerned enough [or at all] with type.

THIS IS ONE OF MY GIRLS.Im not sure on how they fis the standard?any advice is welcome

What do you think about my roo?how dose he compare would he do good for breeding and what would you breed him too?

I think his back is too flat. The saddle should be a concave curve to his tail. Wyandottes are called a bird of curves. He has a bit of a squirrel tail also. It's hard to tell from this angle if he has a pinched tail. www.wyandottebreedersofamerica.net on the "wyandotte standard" link is a diagram that shows the correct back and tail rise.

Thanks NYREDS,I would like to get to the type that is true im not trying for color i just want to end up with a true blrw...Any thoughs?so my hen is not a good one for working on the breed?Thanks

Back
Top Bottom