New born chick belly button

Chicken333

Hatching
Apr 19, 2021
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help by telling me what this is and how I could help. My silkie chick was born with this growth on the belly button, definitely not on the bum. And none of my other chicks have it. She’s acting normal like the others but I’m concerned this might cause further issues. See attached photo. Thanks for you help!

Attachments

• 2CCA46D0-07C1-4056-8071-575C7A28C844.jpeg
    2CCA46D0-07C1-4056-8071-575C7A28C844.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 46
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help by telling me what this is and how I could help. My silkie chick was born with this growth on the belly button, definitely not on the bum. And none of my other chicks have it. She’s acting normal like the others but I’m concerned this might cause further issues. See attached photo. Thanks for you help!
I believe that is a little bit of yolk that was not completely absorbed when it hatched and it dried up. I don't think it will affect your chicken.

Just what I call a fleshy belly button. Nothing to worry about. That fleshy spot will shrivel up, & fall off.

I believe that is a little bit of yolk that was not completely absorbed when it hatched and it dried up. I don't think it will affect your chicken.

ok thank you! I hope so!
One of mine with a Fleshy Belly Button.
Screenshot_20210419-083456_Gallery.jpg
The chick is now 2 weeks old, & no longer has it.

Chick has crust on belly button. It is fine, active, happy. What is this. ?? Should I be worried 😬

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom