New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

Pics
@speckledhen Sorry for the late reply..I am not on here much anymore. Seems like almost everyone is on Facebook now. I have better sales there, unfortunately. I hope you & yours are doing well. :)

@speckledhen Sorry for the late reply..I am not on here much anymore. Seems like almost everyone is on Facebook now. I have better sales there, unfortunately. I hope you & yours are doing well. :)

Doing fine, though my BIL passed away this morning. I sold the four older Brahma chicks so have the eight 2 week olds now coming along. I do better selling on the Facebook online spots, too, BUT, do you realize that FB has a policy against selling animals? My ads are flagged every time, so I have to post them like a discussion, not a sale ad.

@speckledhen I've heard that as well about FB. I luckily haven't had any ads flagged..yet. I also sell eggs on ebay. I'm seriously thinking about not selling chicks anymore because the USPS doesn't seem to care that they're handling live animals. I & many others this year have lost a LOT of money on dead chicks. Plus, it just breaks my heart. :(

@speckledhen I've heard that as well about FB. I luckily haven't had any ads flagged..yet. I also sell eggs on ebay. I'm seriously thinking about not selling chicks anymore because the USPS doesn't seem to care that they're handling live animals. I & many others this year have lost a LOT of money on dead chicks. Plus, it just breaks my heart. :(

Yeah, I'd not want the USPS handling anything that breathes. It's just awful. So I refuse to ship animals to anyone. FB even flagged by hatching egg ad! Can you believe the idiocy of them? I had pictures of the parent stock, but the ad was for EGGS. I complained and complained but Mark Suckerberg doesn't give a flying fig. And that was not a typo in his name. I deactivated my FB acct again anyway. I really hate that place.

@speckledhen I hate it too now. So much drama!! I'm hardly ever on there anymore but I did finally start a FB Farm Page, so I have to check it. I'm not tech savvy or I'd have a website. lol As for USPS, don't get me started!! I am so miffed at them. If they're going to offer the service of shipping live animals, then they need to better care for them. I wish there was another way because I'd much rather ship (& receive) live animals but not if they're treated like junk!!

That's why I only order eggs - if they get scrambled it is not such a tragedy.

It is quite simple nowadays to set up a website, and not that expensive to have one hosted on a server. There are templates you can choose from, you just punch in pictures and information.

That's why I only order eggs - if they get scrambled it is not such a tragedy.

It is quite simple nowadays to set up a website, and not that expensive to have one hosted on a server. There are templates you can choose from, you just punch in pictures and information.

But, it's hard when you don't want to set up some paypal account and act as a business, which I don't. So, the expense of a website is not something I want to take on, even a small one. We had Blue Roo Creations, but we even let that go, the site and the domain name, which was hard, but I am not going to do a paypal or take credit cards.

I agree, eggs coming are not the tragedy if they are broken, but dead chicks, I could not take.

Growing! The splash Partridge is feathering out a lot more. He is a splash, right? (first two pics).
Not sure on male/female ratio, but thinking 4/4 or 5/3 with an extra pullet (or hope the extra is a pullet). Should know more soon.
DSC04494.JPG
DSC04495.JPG
DSC04497.JPG
DSC04498.JPG
DSC04499.JPG

The eight Brahma chicks are SOLD, pending pickup when Brandy lets them go in 2-3 weeks. I really dont need to keep more right now, especially since Cora is slowly being integrated into the Brahma group. She will be 18 weeks old this coming Saturday. I'm fairly sure the Splash Partridge is a cockerel or I'd have been tempted to keep him, but even then, I really, really did not need more birds, not until more are gone so I can free up some room here.

Back
Top Bottom