New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

Thanks, I sure hope more than just a measly 8 hatch like the last time! Bad hatches seem to be going around right now. I think I got caught up in that wave somehow, need to break that cycle. I can't keep any birds, though I may be tempted to keep at least one or two pullets from Jane or Maddie, if there are any. I have no idea if they're pullet producers or not since these are their first chicks.
I'm off to bed, haven't been sleeping well. I go to sleep okay, but wake at 5 a.m. with my ribcage hurting where I fell. I want to sleep! Good night.
Good night and sleep well. I have had two back surgeries and know what if feels like.

Hello experienced Brahma mamas! I've always had Buffs but just added 2 Partridge that I was hoping to get some input on- sexing and coloring. They are approximately 5.5 wks old now, is it way too soon to sex them? I am illegally harboring them fr my HOA so absolutely cannot have roos. Thanks for your help and input!

Attachments

• 20200703_104437.jpg
    20200703_104437.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200703_104644.jpg
    20200703_104644.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200703_105158.jpg
    20200703_105158.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello experienced Brahma mamas! I've always had Buffs but just added 2 Partridge that I was hoping to get some input on- sexing and coloring. They are approximately 5.5 wks old now, is it way too soon to sex them? I am illegally harboring them fr my HOA so absolutely cannot have roos. Thanks for your help and input!
Both are pullets. You're safe! But, just know that the gals can make a heap of noise, too!

Thanks so much. Just know that if they were cockerels ,by now, you'd be seeing some solid black or orange feathers coming in on the chest or wing tops. Those have patterned feathers there so I'm about 99.9% sure they're pullets.

Back
Top Bottom