New Brahma Group: Blue Partridge x Partridge, Plus Dark

Does appear to be saddle feathers there. The smutty feathers on the chest should be clearing out soon, then, if he is a pure Brahma. His chest will be solid, shiny black. Here is the slightly older version of Bruno I posted above. View attachment 2414879
They are such impressive roosters, aren't they? Bash is as gentle as a kitten. Good thing with his size.
He is gorgeous, I hope ludo looks like that

Eggs again, finally!
DSC07159.JPG

I'm sure you can find someone who breeds them. This line of Brahmas is big and beautiful, but they do eat a lot and they tend to hang around the barn unless I shoo them out of the pen. Homebodies.
Here in Nigeria 🇳🇬 they are too expensive
And almost all that you will find are some type of mix that look closer to Brahma

Here in Nigeria 🇳🇬 they are too expensive
And almost all that you will find are some type of mix that look closer to Brahma
Ah, I didn't realize where you are-your location is not under your avatar. I know that Pakistan and I think India has a lot of Brahma stock, but no idea about where you are. Over there, they mostly have vulture hocks, it seems, which is not considered acceptable here in the American standard.

After trying a second batch of eggs, there is still no fertility that I could tell in that pen, at least in the eggs I tried in the incubator. I don't know if Bonnie's were in there because unless I see them lay one, I don't know whose it is unless it's B.J.'s. Hers are a bit different, maybe because she is a Dark, not a Partridge. Anyway, this is one of Bonnie's I held back to check and it appears that there are at least 3 blastodiscs on this yolk. It's not a record, though. Once from a hatchery Buff Orpington, I counted nine on one yolk!
Hard to see, so I put arrows to point to the three spots. They are a bit odd, sort of faded, but you can see the spot in the center. Not sure what this means, but here it is. ETA: NO, there are FOUR, one more at the top!!
DSC07230.JPG

And a weird egg one of them produced a few days ago, bantam-sized with a huge calcium glob on one en

Attachments

• DSC07229.JPG
    DSC07229.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom