new breads

CraziChickLady

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
right now i have 1 rir and 1 barred rock my first question is, are they warm enough just being the 2 of them? it gets down to 20s at night and i worry they are cold, i just lost one last week..there used to be 3 to snuggle :-( My second question is... i just ordered 3 light brahmas chicks, when the time comes to put them outside with the other 2 will they be ok? is it ok to mix breeds? also i plan on adding on more run space and a new bigger coop will the 2 outside now be ok with the change? we might not be able to do the adding on untill later so i might have to start out with putting all of them together in the space i got now will that ok? our run now is about 10x6

I have 12 chickens that are all pretty different except 2 look the same, but are different sizes...You can mix breeds all day long...Just make sure the chickens have water and food, and are protected from damp and drafts and they should be fine, even in the cold.

Your two will do fine in the twenty's. After they settle the pecking order with the new ones, they should be good together. The run size is good for five. If you have the roost space it will work out till the new coop is done.

Back
Top Bottom