New bunny owner....double bunny hutch is done! pix inside

Meet the newest bunny addition to the family. No name yet....leaning towards Taffy or Lucy.

24277_38915_1352240611522_1396616701_30807279_470273_n.jpg

Isn't she fricking adorable? Friendly too. Came from an oopsie litter.....that were handled daily by children whoo hoo. Best $5 I've spent in a while.

She even got to meet my niece tonight. She did really good for her.

24277_39846_1390889491058_1196746957_930808_2736426_n.jpg

She is in her own tub in the extra bedroom. I gave both Stella and "new bunny" litterboxes in there too. Feed dish, water dish, alfalfa cube, carrot, litterbox. LOL. The tubs are next to each other, but they still have their own space. The rooster in his own tub is going to move out of that room tomorrow night. Hopefully the girls will get along in the new bunny mansion, whenever it gets finished.

Thanks for notes on losing Ms Laverne....I don't know anything about bunnies, but now comparing her to the new bunny who is supposedly an 9 week old lionhead mix, laverne was teeny tiny. Maybe she was too young....

Last edited:
Quote:
She definitely looks like Taffy, she's so cute! If both your bunnies are young they should adjust okay. Contrary to popular opinion, rabbits are not social creatures - they live in a colony but each one has its own space so they can be mean to each other if they don't have enough room. Are you sure both are female? Rabbits are extremely hard to sex young. If they are raised together they should get along fine. Good luck with your new bun and so sorry to hear you lost Laverne. If she was really tiny, she may have been too young to be weaned which would explain why she didn't make it.

Enjoy your new additions!

Stella is definitely a girl...I watched them sex her and she was one of the few girls after boy after boy after boy.

"Taffy" is such a sweet thing! She was up on her hind legs in her "tub" begging for attention a bit ago, so I have her out on my lap right now. She will push her nose up against you to "kiss" you. I haven't checked the sex of "Taffy" myself.....but if she turns out to be a HE, I'll just have to get her neutered, sigh. I just checked now and she sure looks like a girl. Here's hoping!

The people have 2-3 bunnies left from her litter if anyone wants one LOL. I think 1 more girl and 1 or 2 more boys. Handled daily by kids, can't beat that!

The cage I am making is quite big, so hopefully they will get along fine. I already bought a hammock for it, and plan on having a couple litterboxes, plus lots of food and toys and a couple "nesting" spots. If I had to keep them separate that would be fine too, just not ideal!

thanks
smile.png

I don't know if rabbits like hammocks or not. I know rats and ferrets do but rabbits seems less flexible so might need something more stable. Couldn't hurt to try it though! That's so cool that your new addition is so friendly! A lot of rabbits prefer to be just petted instead of held.

This is the cutest little bun bun ever!

39136_1355838021455_1396616701_30817216_1595208_n.jpg

She is very much litterbox trained already....and loves to be taken out of her 'tub' and held on my lap while I am on the computer. One of the dogs wanted to meet her today. I don't trust my dogs with rabbits AT ALL, so this is about as close as they will get for now.

24277_downsized_0731002306a.jpg

24277_0731002306b.jpg

you can train them to used a litter pan . u can used pine shaving or when they are ayr old the u can go to cat litter. the rabbits dont need pellets but it is convent to have it. they eat all short of vegetables, the hard the vegetables are better off for the teeth to be worn down do not give them lettuce it give them the runnings. i had a pet rabbit in my home for eight years. he sleeped in a dog cage at night and he went to the bathroom in his pooped box too. if you have pine cone in your yard u can give to the rabbit too

the rabbit n the dogs and cat will end up being friends after all runing around your house just becareful electric wire on the floor they love to chew on them

So the cute and adorable bunny is...A BOY. Whoops. It has one large dropped testicle now....still waiting on the other. I guess I will have to see about getting him neutered. I had left them separate prior to today as I was waiting to see if he was a boy or girl.....rechecked today as i was putting their new cage together. Whoops..........so only Monroe the boy bunny moved into the new cage. Stella the pyscho is still her her tub.

For anyone who wondered, yes bunnies like Hammocks. He is using his litterbox perfectly so far too. Yay Monroe! He was going to be Marilyn if he was a girl LOL

40371_1375160984517_1396616701_30866146_2678907_n.jpg

Does he keep the bottom of the cage clean? He doesn't pee on it or anything? I didn't know you could litter box train them that well.
He sure is cute.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom