New Buttons hatched (Pics Added)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the nice comments. I love them, especially when they are babies. It really is hard to show in a picture how truly small they are.

I always have extra button eggs because unless you are hatching them, they just tend to pile up. I have sent buttons to a number of folks and most had great results. I would be happy to send you some. They are not laying quite as well right now but are starting back. Maybe next week? PM me and I can let you know. I will only charge you for the shipping, ok?

Marie

Mine aren't laying very well right now either... I thought maybe they were just ending for the season... do they actually lay all year off and on? (can you tell this is my first year? I just got mine in April...
big_smile.png
)

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Mine aren't laying very well right now either... I thought maybe they were just ending for the season... do they actually lay all year off and on? (can you tell this is my first year? I just got mine in April...
big_smile.png
)

hiya i think everyone was/is having problems this time of year...my hen stopped for over 2 weeks and just started back up, i've gotten an egg a day since last monday!
smile.png
Everyone is going in the incubator however they'll all probably be normals *sigh* i need some colors hehe!!!

As for egg laying, they wont stop through the winter if they are given lighting atleast 18 hours a day.
smile.png
If not they will stop for the winter times.
smile.png

Also I was told they only really lay for a year and after that they either die (the hens) or just stop laying or rarely lay after that. I guess they normally (hens) live a year or two if they are lucky.​

Last edited:
So each spring I will be hatching out new ones, I guess...
smile.png

I don't know how much extra light I can give them in the winter. It's hard, when it's dark up until 10:30-11am, and starts getting dark again about 3pm...
sad.png
Maybe I'll have one light on a timer in there... but I really don't mind if they stop laying over the winter. I can't imagine anyone would want to hatch in the winter?
hmm.png
Maybe I need to rethink that?

Back
Top Bottom