New BYC 6 Year Club - Six Year Active Member Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Awesome! I saw the email today saying that I was now a member of the "Exclusive 6 Year Club" and thought.. "Wow, I have had chickens that long?"
BYC was a most incredible internet find for me, so THANK YOU for this website.

I still come in from time to time when looking for answers, but I am not on the website as much as I used to be.
I faithfully follow BYC on Facebook and enjoy the splashes of chickens and chicken coops in my newsfeed.
I also have 4 or 5 BYC friends that I chat with pretty regularly.

Backyard Chickens taught me so much about chickens. It's amazing how often the website name can come up in a chicken conversation. ;)

XOXOXO

I just got my email too!!! Cannot believe it's been that long, so much has happened in my life since then! I do not currently have chickens anymore, I went to raising rabbits for several years and showing them but I hope to have a flock again soon and I miss my ducks terribly! Every few months I still log in and poke around! I didn't know there was a BYC Facebook page,I will have to go check it out!! Thank you guys, it's been great to be a part of the community over the years and know that no matter how long you're gone you can still come back and tuck right into place like you never left.

My email just arrived - WOW! hard to believe it's been that long! BYC has been not only an incredible resource to me in terms of educating me on hatching, incubating, diseases, etc. but also I have made several friends - it's great to get together with our local BYCers! BYC has truly broadened my world. Thank you all!

Congratulations to all of the 6 year award recipients!! I woke up to the email this morning!! I can't believe it's been 6 years since I started on this crazy poultry ride. I wouldn't change it for a thing. There have been a lot of changes to our flock over the past 6 years, but I've loved every minute!!
Sonja

Wow six years! I love all the comments from my six year colleagues.

Every time I make a change in what I'm doing with my chickens, ducks and turkeys I come here for ideas and feedback.

I started with chickens because I hate the way the commercial broiler and egg industry treats chickens. I'm not much of an activist but I had the space and means to provide for my family and friends by raising my own chickens for both meat and eggs. With the help of the folks on this sight I (think) I raise happy healthy chickens that get to roam and forage. My laying hens get to stay until old age takes them which makes me happy. I respect each and every one.

And I still learn EVERYDAY I come here. I just learned about some new feeding and watering equipment that the incredible people on this sight invented and/or improved. I just learned about a reasonably priced brooder panel that allows me to get away from the heat lamps. And I just learned enough about fermenting feeds to give it a try.

Don't forget support. I remember when I lost my first chicken to a predator. I felt terrible, was going to give my chickens away. The BYC community came to my rescue with condolences and just as importantly info on how to avoid that tragedy in the future. First chick I had to cull, again support and information. Amazing. The best chicken book in the world can't give you that.

But the best gift is enthusiasm! I can talk about my chickens at work, and I've even gotten a few people to raise them, but to get really inspired about the little things with chickens I always come here. That has not changed one bit in six years.

So thank you BYC and all the members for being here, thank you BYC "staff" for keeping this site free of unsavory comments (I just don't know how you manage that) and allowing all types of chicken owners to find their forum. And thank you for keeping the good from the beginning and always improving. Just amazing!

And thank you for having a spell checker, without that I wouldn't post at all.
woot.gif

I got mine today, too! I actually noticed the "6 Years" eggs last night (more closer to 4 am this morning) while I was up watching/waiting on an upside down chick to finish hatching, but was too tired to even realize what it meant. I was so surprised and so very honored when I opened the message. BYC is an awesome community and I learn something new every time I'm here. And the camaraderie here is absolutely amazing and is unmatched by any other. Thank you all!

Here are the newest batch of 6 year club awardees! Please shoot them a quick "contrats" on their achievement!

opa
walkingonsunshine
terrilachicks
lindsayb
westknollamy
rare feathers farm
bargain
juliechick
pinkchick
the chicken lady
potterwatch
pbjmaker