New BYC Awards / Badges System

Nifty don't holler please - don't know where else to ask? Whatever happened to the "Chillin' with my peeps," new design t-shirts thingie? I'm on here nearly every waking hour and don't recall further mention of it - past seeing alot of "nifty" ideas submitted.

I agree with the post suggesting annual awards, 1 yr, 2 yrs, etc., not just 4 years. I'm coming up on one year next month and feel pretty proud about it! Three more years before an acknowledgment??
hit.gif

Of course, this would be more work that ever, but what about awards for folks in each...ugh...more coffee...each forum thing? There are a lot of folks in say, Meat Birds, that always are quick to help folks out, answer questions, and give good clear advice, day in and day out. Same with Predator section, Hatching, the Emu/Ostrich/giant velociraptor forum etc. Something like a forum expert type thing. Maybe 2-3 per forum, and a tag of Expert - Forum? Course, these would have to be reviewed to make sure they are current (every 6 months? Year?) to make sure the best are always showcased.

idunno.gif

Since I've kill this thread, I'll keep killing it
big_smile.png

What about some sort of "traveling award" of whatever the mods decide, some sort of silly thing that gets bestowed weekly or monthly on random folks, just for fun? Tudy's Peep of the Week/Month?

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif

I guess I should add something constructive to this...I like the idea of a helpers badge. But it should probably be just for anyone in any general category.

There are still 2 active threads regarding the new Awards system, but I'll post here as this is the OP's most current (maybe we could lock the other now??).

Anyway, there is a lot of talk regarding different achievement levels for the same award. I got out the trusty Thesaurus - here's some under "Expert" that might be used (I'm not including "Master", as there shouldn't be any confusion with the APA/ABA Master Programs):

Ace
Aide
Boss
Coach
Guru
Hotshot
Mentor
Pro
Pundit
Sage
Tutor

I know everyone wants an anniversary badge before they hit 4 years (OK - I wouldn't mind one, either!), but here's my take on the Anniversary Badges:

Think forward about 4 years - at that point in time, every one of the 80,000+ current members (that are still active) will have a badge. If you think that maybe 50,000 of us will still be active and get badges, and that the membership level could very well be at 200,000, that means that 25% of the membership will have 4-yr anniversary badges.

I'm envisioning that by that point in time, we will have not only 4-yr badges, but probably 6-yr and 8-yr. My prediction is that the time requirement for anniversary badges will go up, not down.

Back
Top Bottom