New BYC death on slow connections, slow computers; site crashes and hangs web browser...

I just want to say you ladies are awesome. I enjoyed reading your debate. You both brought up excellent points while respecting each other and a sense of humor to boot. Cheers!

Hmmm, I've never looked at the BYC forum on my "good" Windows computer which is 4 years old. I will try it and see what happens. What I use for 95% of my surfing the internet is my ol' scrappy Dell that is pushing 8 years old, and it runs on a Linux operating system - a free open source software named Zorin. My 11 year old son prefers Linux over Windows because his Minecraft game is faster on it and doesn't crash as often he says. I had a friend that was getting ready to throw away a 1999 IBM Thinkpad because it would no longer function, it wouldn't boot up on Windows, and it was so old there was no way to upgrade the hardware anymore a computer shop told him - I took the computer & experimented with it - I woke the thing up by installing PuppyLinux on it! I went to the internet and could watch YouTube videos on it with no problems! I was amazed! So anyway, if anyone here has any computer technical questions feel free to send me a PM. I love troubleshooting computers and would be happy to help!

For all those here that mentioned "Free", I am in complete agreement with them. Many sites require membership fees, which much of that goes for not only website fees, but for expensive servers to deal with the high volume of people on their site at one time. The fact that BYC can do all of this, with as many members as it has without having to charge it's members, is just grand. I think BYC deserves a break.

As for the original poster with the problems with crashing, etc...you probably have compatability issues going on within your pc. I don't believe that BYC is to blame. Not all software within our own systems plays nice with all web sites. Common these days with all this technology.

And as for being a slow connection on BYC, try using a satellite connection like I have here. It is one tiny step up from dial up! I am just grateful to see the pages even load, even if it takes a while. At least I can chat with all you great folks about poultry. :)

I just want to say you ladies are awesome. I enjoyed reading your debate. You both brought up excellent points while respecting each other and a sense of humor to boot. Cheers!

Thanks! I sure do wish more people I disagree with presented themselves as Valk.
So many are quick to sling insults and my comebacks are immature and never very clever...so I just don't bother. :p

I just want to say you ladies are awesome.  I  enjoyed reading your debate. You both brought up excellent points while respecting each other and a sense of humor to boot.  Cheers!

Umm...I'm no lady. My wife calls me a male chauvinist pig and I agree with her.
Make mine a shot pf Crown Royale on the rocks. Cheers to you too!
:)

I had some issues using Internet Explorer when they first switched over the forum. I use Chrome now. It is much faster and well, about any other browser is better than Internet Explorer. With Chrome you can also add a plugin called AdblockPlus, that will block some ads.

I have to say that the most annoying ads that everyone is complaining about aren't touched by Adblockplus. Those pop up ones drive me nuts.

How very nice of you to say, juststruttin. Cheers!
smile.png

Thanks! I sure do wish more people I disagree with presented themselves as Valk.
So many are quick to sling insults and my comebacks are immature and never very clever...so I just don't bother. :p
AmyWho, it was a pleasure conversing with you. Thanks for presenting yourself in a kindly manner.
thumbsup.gif

We appreciate the feedback and the discussion. We wish we didn't have to have any ads at all. We'd LOVE it if the Bill Gates Foundation or Google Ventures dumped a bunch of money into BYC to promote raising backyard chickens and remove all our expenses. Unfortunately they aren't returning our calls... so we're forced to have ads.
wink.png

You can read more about the ads, and reporting ones that you feel are inappropriate here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121

Also, please remember you can remove 100% of all ads by becoming a GFM. For less than the cost of a cheap dinner and movie, you can be ad-free on BYC for a whole year!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/byc-memberships-help-support-backyardchickens

We appreciate the feedback and the discussion. We wish we didn't have to have any ads at all. We'd LOVE it if the Bill Gates Foundation or Google Ventures dumped a bunch of money into BYC to promote raising backyard chickens and remove all our expenses. Unfortunately they aren't returning our calls... so we're forced to have ads.
wink.png

You can read more about the ads, and reporting ones that you feel are inappropriate here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...he-ads-on-the-right-of-the-page#post_10043121

Also, please remember you can remove 100% of all ads by becoming a GFM. For less than the cost of a cheap dinner and movie, you can be ad-free on BYC for a whole year!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/byc-memberships-help-support-backyardchickens

The only ones that I feel are inappropriate are the ones that take up the whole screen.
Oh. Wait. That's almost all of them.

Back
Top Bottom