New call ducks and more (PICS)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DuckyBoys, May 15, 2008.

1. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

Yes - I know. I'm addicted to the camera! These are my new calls that came in yesterday - two whites and a butterscotch. They are about a month old and they came from Dennis at Wapsipinicon Waterfowl. He's a great guy. And of course I had to throw in some pictures of everyone else - the 2 1/2 week old giant dewlap and a nice one of the Buff's feathering out. I am so relieved that their beaks are turning orange - that pink was really disturbing.

And I cannot post without the gratuitous donkey pic. Paris wearing her neon pink halter. They had farrier lessons this morning but they both failed miserably, so the halters never came off. [​IMG] What can you do....they are donkeys. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Oh my, those call babies have got GREAT faces/heads! I take more pics of my birds than I do my kids.....:|

3. DuckyBoys

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:LOL..kids what kids - I haven't taken their pictures in months! [​IMG]

4. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Please don't apologize for the pics. I absolutely love seeing pics of everyones animals!! They are so cute. One day I will have time to figure out how to post pictures on here so I can share too.
    Thanks again for the pics!

5. DuckyBoys

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Love my Critters! :

Please don't apologize for the pics. I absolutely love seeing pics of everyones animals!! They are so cute. One day I will have time to figure out how to post pictures on here so I can share too.
    Thanks again for the pics!

I love seeing them too, so I'm glad I'm not the only one.

(I should correct my earlier post - that is a snowy call and not a butterscotch...still just as beautiful though!)​

6. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Quote:Looks like it might be a boy too [​IMG]

7. Paegglvr

Paegglvr Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2008
    Love the ducks!

I just got my first 2 ducks a couple weeks ago and they are so fun. I gotta say I'm jealous of the donkey too... I've been wanting to get a couple.

8. DuckyBoys

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Looks like it might be a boy too [​IMG]

(Yes Dennis e-mailed and corrected me!) [​IMG]

9. DuckyBoys

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Quote:Oh gosh those donkeys make me laugh everyday. Normally I keep them behind a fence and away from the house because they come and knock on my window at night if I don't, but this morning I opened the gate and they ran circles around the house, down the retaining wall stairs, under the deck - they are very sure footed. All the dogs just sat in the middle of the yard and stared at them. [​IMG]

I got mine from the Longhopes Donkey Shelter here in CO, that is a GREAT place with a SUPER lady who runs it.

10. Meesh

Meesh Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    Funny you named your donkey Paris. [​IMG]

We thought about naming our cows Paris and Nicole. DH thought the cows might be mad, tho.

Cheers,
    Michelle

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by