New Cast Iron Pan Safe?

ChippysMama

In the Brooder
Apr 7, 2021
Hello! First time duck mom here.
After learning about the dangers of teflon poisoning I threw out old non stick pans and bought a brand new Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. I was wondering if this was safe enough to use while I have two ducklings in the house. My home is kind of a train style set up where all the rooms are more or less connected. I keep the little guys in the front foyer area a room over from the kitchen but I'm still terrified to cook anything until I know for sure it's safe. I usually turn on the ventilation and open up a window while I'm cooking as well.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

As we told you in the other thread you posted about this, cast iron is safe to use. Nonstick pans too, as long as they are not heated to high.
Really sorry for being repetitive! I was doing some research and came across an article that contradicted cast irons being safe so it gave me some doubt. I appreciate your response.

Really sorry for being repetitive! I was doing some research and came across an article that contradicted cast irons being safe so it gave me some doubt. I appreciate your response.
I use a lodge cast iron. It isn't coated with anything, but I can't say that all aren't.

Do you have the link to that article? I'd like to read it.

I use a lodge cast iron. It isn't coated with anything, but I can't say that all aren't.

Do you have the link to that article? I'd like to read it.
I will definitely try to refind the article and post it! I went into sort of a deep dove so I've gotta scour through my history 😅
I bought the classic Lodge 10.25 inch cast iron.
If I remember correctly it's not the pan that is the problem, I think the article stated something about how the process of reseasoning it can be harmful.

Back
Top Bottom