New Challenge - Good deed for the day.

I never thought about giving my extra eggs to our local soup kitchen! We're going to have 21 hens laying in the spring, WAY more than our little 3 person family can eat! I'm excited I have something to do with them now
big_smile.png

I haven't done anything good today, mostly because I've been sitting on my couch all day
roll.png
But I am SO thankful to a guy yesterday, I was trying to reach a Glass Drink Dispenser on a top shelf. He saw me, came over, got it down and GAVE me a really good sounding punch recipe!! I just love when people go above and beyond. Then I felt like I passed it on, about fifteen minutes later an older lady with a walker spilled the entire contents of her purse a little ways down the aisle from me. I stopped and picked it up for her
smile.png
I felt good, and she looked so happy, she kept trying to give me a five and I was just like "No, really,
tongue.png
It's fine." She was so cute. Lol

Gave a neighbor family five dozen eggs yesterday.

Donated $200.00 to the local fire department. (yearly)

Mowed the lawn for the house nest door...(recently deceased lady...one of the kids moving in)

I smiled and asked anyone who looked my way "how are you doing". I let 3 cars in front of me in traffic, and 1 car in front of me in a drive through when we were there at the same time. I told several people to "have a nice or blessed day". I help a lady who was looking for Kaboom Toilet Bowl Cleaner to try "the works" instead since the other was not available. (and it removes calcified stains, etc...appropriately named The Works as it does + it's usually cheaper and I have seen it in a lot of dollar stores). I brought home french fries for the kids which I don't usually do...but I was just feeling so good about being good.

Will try more tomorrow...but I saw a lot of smiles today and that is good stuff!!!

I donated $5 so some kid could have dinner on football nights. The kids don't come home before their games, so when I wrote my check for my kid, I included some for another kid.

There's a girl at work who looks like she was either in a bad accident or was severely beaten. The skin on her face is scarred from acne, but it has the stringy and tight look of someone who has had extensive facial reconstruction. One of her eyes does not function or follow the other, very well. She's from Eastern Europe and many of those people have stories I wish I had never heard.

When I first saw her she looked "broken". So dispirited looking. Sad, morose and beaten down. I made a point of smiling at her, to the point of beaming. She quickly began to return that smile, until if she saw me first, the thing I saw was a huge smile on her face. She once said, in very broken English, "I am very happy to see you."

Occasionally, she still looks sad and I don't really know why. For a while, she obviously (by the way she looked and all the time she spent texting at work, instead of working) had a boyfriend. When I noticed that change was when I saw her smiling all the way across the parking lot, first thing in the morning. Then later I saw her heading to the bathroom. Huge grin. In her own, smiling world.

Then her birthday came and no one remembered or got her anything. I didn't know it was her b-day so I went out, at break, and got her a small thing of Godiva chocolates and put a note on it. She was back to being happy. Someone noticed. Someone cared.

Recently, she has been seeming down again so while I was out getting chocolate, for her boss' b-day, I got her some custom made truffles, as well. I think dark chocolate is good for girls. Boys think it "tastes okay" but for girls, I think it's medicine. She was very surprised by the gift and the next day waited by my car, to thank me.

She's really a sweet girl and if I was 20, I'm sure I'd have asked her out. Since she's a kid, I feel like she's my little sister.

Quote:
That story really made me tear up. Who knows what your smiles and kindness may have prevented to someone who perhaps felt alone and invisible.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom