New Challenge - Good deed for the day.

Things i do on a regular basis:

Donate all eggstra eggs to a food pantry in town( last time was 26 dozen!
th.gif

I take elderly shopper's ( mostly womens, i admit) carts to the carting station for them ( or at aldis, i exchange quarter for cart) so they dont have to walk.

I let them in front of me when i have a basket full of items and they get behind me and have 3 items or such.( thats actually ANYONE, not just elderly)

I get things off top shelves, and joke that i am taller than my own husband and i get my own things
celebrate.gif

I leave a note on cars in parking lots when i see that the air in a tire is dangerously low letting them know( i wish someone had done this for me before i ran a groove in the back passenger tire )

I fix peoples computer problems for free mostly( this turns into a nightmare SOMETIMES) i usually only charge what the parts cost and BEfore i order them.

Ive given appliances away for free( an was never thanked which still somewhat bugs me)

Ive given boxes and boxes full of free items to a family that had no money for christmas... back when i did ebay and it also helped me clean out the room i had it all in.

I try to do what i can.

No good deed goes unpunished or without consequences:

I brought in some red okra to share with a co-worker who has never seen/heard of that variety------Now I get the stink-eye from her hubby who has to plant it next year.

I brought in 54 fertile eggs from my “mutts” for a co-worker who’s just getting started with backyard chickens, brown & green colors. Chicken Math has escalated them from the half-dozen they originally planned on------He’s complaining about having to build a bigger Coop.

My wife’s sister car brakes crapped out, pads worn to bare metal and ruined the discs. I bought the rebuild kits, rotors and restored the brakes to like new condition including having to replace the brake lines.----Now she expects me to replace the overaged battery too!.

Etc.

Quote:
I PM'ed those folks some suggestions on how to make EASY extra money..the legitimate way.

ALSO,

I take my extra eggs to an elderly lady at work who unfortunately can't afford to retire. Taking some more today
smile.png

I gave a family 4 of my extra rabbits for meat because they can't afford much meat and live off beans and rice most of the month(5 kids at home...11 total!).

I took groceries to a friend a couple weeks ago whose husband lost his job.

I listen to those at work who are hurting and or upset and try to help them cope and try to give advice, and I am pleased to say MOST of them are responding in a positive way.

I took a coworker to the hospital Monday night who got her hand caught in the machine...she's fine...just 3 stitches, but was grateful for the ride.

I'm a bit of a clown, so I make people laugh a lot
lol.png
roll.png

I don't have much to give, but what I do have is given freely, not just one day every once in a while, but every chance I get. This should be a lifestyle for everyone. I am my brothers keeper. This is how we always do it in my neighborhood, and it DOES feel good
smile.png
When we were SOOOOOO broke several months ago...people took care of us and we were exceedingly grateful! Good to see so many good people trying to make a difference.

This morning I brought eggs to the two elderly widows who live close to us, and sat and talked a while with the one whose husband died recently and is having a hard time being alone.
sad.png
Since we're flush for eggs (new pullets just laying), I took a couple dozen more to another neighbor.

My boss's husband was in a horrific accident a couple of weeks ago, when she got back to work yesterday she found 11 boxes of theater candy on her desk - one for each day her husband was in the hospital far away. She's a real candy hound, and it made her laugh. What she doesn't know I did was to shove the $100 gift card in her mailslot on her porch - her husband had a restaurant that went belly up and they lost nearly everything. Know this is gonna make them pinched for cash - her having to fly out there and rent a car to bring him home had to cost a bundle, never mind all the medical bills- and she would never take money offered. We're not exactly flush, but we've been in their position when we had a very ill son. So... what she doesn't know - will help her
big_smile.png
BTW, she's a great boss to work for.

The Boy Scouts teach "Do a good deed daily" and even have a little coin for the guys to carry. If it's in your left pocket, you still need to do the deed, when you've done the good thing, you put it in your right pocket. Don't know why a pretty stone or anything else wouldn't serve the same purpose as a reminder.

Last edited:
I did not smacketh anybody yet today
big_smile.png
, even though they needed it.

on Mondays our elderly customers at eh bookstore know I'll have eggs for them.

on Tuesdays I take my dogs to visit at the nursing home. unfortunately I have to retire the weim, he has begun having seizures and falling down, last week he started losing bowel control. our little Chihuahua Nibbler has stepped up and now she goes.

Back
Top Bottom