New Chick Cam

I am so danged pleased .... it just took me the entire afternoon and evening to get the thing streaming properly.

Tomorrow they go out into the Coop, and the camera will go with them.

OH they are so cute!!! I want some!!!

Quote:
:eek:*HUGS the Shuttle PC* He didn't mean it.
lol.png

Camera fell over - fixed it.

They won't be going out today, we had too much rain and it hasn't stopped yet. Camera will run tho.

Well ... it's a web server. It uses standard protocols and it should work on any operating system.

Setting the lil' bugger up was the tricky bit
lol.png

If anyone ever buys one of these cameras you are likely to need help from Panasonic. They good news is that they are very good indeed (the help people)

Camera, btw, for those who like to know these things, is a Panasonic BL-C131A

Works great!

I've got a $10 creative webcam setup using webcamxp software on an old windows 2000 computer.

http://www.farmcam.hobby-site.com/

I've got a Gadspot wireless ip cam that is working well in my calving barn but so far I haven't been able to get it past my router for viewing outside of my lan. I've got it entered into my router the same way that the server above is except for a different port but I can't seem to get to show up outside my lan

I've also got a cheap linksys wireless B ip cam that I haven't got to work wirelessly at all yet except that the wireless modem picks up an ip address from my router but doesn't apparently isn't holding it correctly. The router log shows it but the DHCP stats don't and I keep getting an IP address conflict message with another computer on the system and the mac address of the camera.

Works very well on the Macs here at school! Is it okay with you if I share it with the 5th graders and their teacher? They will be hatching chicks next month here.

Back
Top Bottom