New Chick Cam

The router log shows it but the DHCP stats don't and I keep getting an IP address conflict message with another computer on the system and the mac address of the camera.

Even if you use DHCP to manage your network (I do), Panasonic will ask you to assign a static IP to the camera. Also, Port 80 is blocked by many ISPs, so check with them which ports are open for remote access (I ended up using Port 50000)

With the assigned IP the device will probably not show up on your DHCP Client Table, but if it's available on your network, then it is working, and the router is handling it ok.

Also, if it is available locally you should be able to access it remotely with the appropriate DDNS service.

Setup of these things is a pita .... I can state this categorically
lol.png

http://www.farmcam.hobby-site.com/ is setup on port 80 and works great.

I'm using port 95 on my gadspot ip cam whcih is the one that works on my lan but not with my external ip address plus :95 like it should. I probably am just missing something on my router setup software for that one.

I haven't checked it yet but I suspect that maybe the linksys cam has a default static ip address that is showing up as a conflict because my router has it assigned to a laptop on the lan.

My connection is a wireless dsl off of a tower from my phone company. 1 mb download and 256 kb upload that most of the time is almost as good as our overloaded T1 at the office but it has had some serious signal strength issues lately. It's frustrating working on these camera lan issues when I can't get out to download updates or research problems online.

Is it okay with you if I share it with the 5th graders and their teacher?

Yes, it's fine for you to do that.

I generally take the view that if I don't want it to be seen, I don't put it out there.

the more the merrier​

Quote:
Yes, it's fine for you to do that.

I generally take the view that if I don't want it to be seen, I don't put it out there.

the more the merrier

Thanks, they'll love it!

Chicks are now in their new home.

I had a few camera issues, but all seem to be working now.

You can pan and tilt and see both the feeder and the water.

Twigg's cat-a-vision! I went on your webcam site, just as my dd woke from her nap. I came back out to find my cat going nuts looking for chicks!
gig.gif

Twigg, can you PM me any info you have on setting up a camera? Me and my mom have been looking for a way to set one up in my horse barn.
Thanks, and great looking chicks!

Back
Top Bottom