New chick mom anxiety!

Oh I also meant to add that I have been reading the forum for a year too, before getting my first chicks, because I'm so obsessive about learning everyrhing that I can, lol. I feel fairly prepared except for illness... I think I might panic when illness strikes!

Yep, my first chicks are coming in a week or so too, and I'm having major chicken anxiety!! Do I have everything they need? Will I manage to kill them by doing something stupid? Did I pick the right breeds? Will they be friendly? Will I even like having chickens?????? Oye! I feel like the cure to my anxiety would be to just pick up a couple of chicks this week at a feed store, but my husband is such a nay sayer, lol.
smile.png
Here's the thing manychitlens - my hubby has DROVE ME to the feed stores and even said I could pick out some chicks LOL I'm trying my best to hold back. Next week (unless I get a call telling me otherwise)...NEXT week. :)

Oh I also meant to add that I have been reading the forum for a year too, before getting my first chicks, because I'm so obsessive about learning everyrhing that I can, lol. I feel fairly prepared except for illness... I think I might panic when illness strikes!
Yep, same here...illness, which I'm sure is bound to happen, is really scary :( But - have lots of people on here and on FB that can help!

Have some wine :) and to the person with the jerk neighbor, tellm to stay off your property and mind his business. You didnt ask for his approval and dont need his permission. Period.
Ya, that was me. The dude obviously needs to get a hobby and stay the heck away from us LOL People are crazy!

I think one of the main reasons I'm stressing so bad is I just love critters, and I'm hoping I do them right. I do feel confident that I've read enough, but I know reading and doing are too different things
smile.png

Only thing that I haven't settled on is coop and run bedding - my gosh there are hundreds of very strong opinions on that.

Sorry for all y'all with mean neighbors. I'm so BLESSED with mine - who are all old-timey farm folks and all have been keeping small chicken flocks since before I was born (and I'm old, LOL)!

Every NEW step in life brings with it a certain anxiety. You sound really well prepared and will do fine.

Familiarity breeds comfort, a month in and you'll have forgotten most of those fears.

As for the nosy neighbor, we all have em, I'm not as tactful as most...LOL but I like me just fine. Totally agree with the "don't need his permission" statement. Pretty gutsy for him to stand right there and tell you he was calling you in. Me or him one woulda been totin a whuppin, esp after that last statement

Back
Top Bottom