New Chick "Mom"

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
Do you know what breeds you started with?
This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Official BYC Coop Page Contest - Fall-Winter 2017

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!
Awesome contests going on here: Hatch-A-Longs

We have 2 red rangers and 2 barred rocks!

Hi, my name is Shannon! Our family just acquired 4 new chicks a few weeks ago. So far we love them and enjoy bonding with them! I'm looking forward to learning about life with chickens and watching our chicks grow ... and man, do they grow fast!!!

Very fast! They outgrow their brooder faster than you can buy a bigger one, I’ve learned that brooding them in furniture or appliance boxes is much cheaper and can be dispose easily after. Hope your coop is getting ready. Welcome to BYC!:jumpy

Welcome to BYC! I'm new to all this chicken stuff too but it is so much fun! I just moved my frizzles and Millie fluer to a bigger brooder today. They are 3 weeks old and even though they are bantams they were flapping around and space was getting tight..I love all my different breeds! I have some Easter eggers and a splash Wyandotte, 7 weeks old, and 7 month old California whites, plus 2 3-month old svarthona chickens. They are all so fun, especially once the egg-laying begins! Any chick pics?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to BYC! I'm new to all this chicken stuff too but it is so much fun! I just moved my frizzles and Millie fluer to a bigger brooder today. They are 3 weeks old and even though they are bantams they were flapping around and space was getting tight..I love all my different breeds! I have some Easter eggers and a splash Wyandotte, 7 weeks old, and 7 month old California whites, plus 2 3-month old svarthona chickens. They are all so fun, especially once the egg-laying begins! Any chick pics?

We have two Red Rangers and two Barred Rocks. They're just over 3 weeks old. We let them explore their new coup for about 20min the other day and they loved it! We had to upgrade their brooder last week and will permanently move them to the coup in about 2 weeks or so. They're so much fun ... I just love them!!!

Attachments

• 20180316_165457.jpg
    20180316_165457.jpg
    953.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Very fast! They outgrow their brooder faster than you can buy a bigger one, I’ve learned that brooding them in furniture or appliance boxes is much cheaper and can be dispose easily after. Hope your coop is getting ready. Welcome to BYC!:jumpy

We just got our coup and set it up a couple days ago! We've taken our chicks out to explore it a couple times. They seem to love it and think they will be happy when it becomes their permanent home!

Back
Top Bottom