New Chicken Lady Here

Welcome to BYC! It's nice to meet you! We'd love to see pictures of your birds if you have any :)
Yes i have pics LOL It is supposed to be warm monday and when i cows are moved I will get more pics. They now all live together as the smaller coop is still a green house and not winterized for my chickens yet. We have snow now and its been below freezing most nights. So they are not as adventurous as they were. Love my Oprs the will die with me. I love Potter ( rooster). I didn't really want him but they lady I got them from insisted. Now I am glad I did. He is such a nice fellow, just like my stallions.
20200928_115918.jpg 20200928_115809.jpg 20200904_180418.jpg
CC ( Crabby Cochin)
20200904_180225.jpg Miss Bianca
20200904_180059.jpg

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I have a Lavender Rooster( Potter) a Blue Cochin( Micah) and a 4 or 5 barn yard mixes that are about 13 weeks old. The barnyard mixes will be sorted out as soon as we are sure. Know for sure there are 3 in the young ones but suspect one or 2 more may be. I want salmon faverolles and have ordered some for next spring LOL better then more horses and cheaper too. They all have names.
You're on the right track.

Yes i have pics LOL It is supposed to be warm monday and when i cows are moved I will get more pics. They now all live together as the smaller coop is still a green house and not winterized for my chickens yet. We have snow now and its been below freezing most nights. So they are not as adventurous as they were. Love my Oprs the will die with me. I love Potter ( rooster). I didn't really want him but they lady I got them from insisted. Now I am glad I did. He is such a nice fellow, just like my stallions.
View attachment 2386319View attachment 2386320View attachment 2386318
CC ( Crabby Cochin)
View attachment 2386317 Miss Bianca
View attachment 2386315

They are beautiful. Nice to meet you. I'm new here also. I will share some pics. Hoping that when I do someone can give me idea of what breed they are???

New to group and new to chickens. Currently have too many chickens, LOL.
I raise my grand daughter and she has wanted chickens for 7 yrs now. I have been scared of chickens for going on 53 yrs. I was beat up by an angry momma hen when i was little and have not just hated chickens but have been terrified of them since. This spring with covid I relented. I said we would get 6 hens and only 6 hens no damn roosters. Well to make a long story short we currently have 18 chickens. I live in central Alberta and we do get winter LOL
:welcome :welcome :welcome
Don't worry, your 18 chickens will make you forget the incident back in your childhood. They make you smile when you're having a bad day. The chicken that hurt you back then was only doing what she was supposed to do, protect her babies. You shouldn't hold hold that against the chicken this long. Of course you yourself was just a child back then and didn't understand, but after growing up and becoming a mother yourself, you should understand where the mommy chicken was coming from. Just saying.
But welcome 🤗🤗🤗

Back
Top Bottom