New chicken mama!

Welcome to BYC. Are you providing supplemental heating to your chicks ?
I do have a light but I have them in my garage where it’s extremely warm. I’m on the gulf coast in Alabama. It got chilly last night and I out them in my laundry room. Best I can tell they are 3-4 weeks. Should I have a light in them at night??

Hi and welcome to BYC! We're so glad you joined us! Your little fluffy babies are gonna need some form of extra heat for a little while. You can search brooders on here and find all the information you'll need to keep them warm and happy. :)
I do have a light but it’s so warm here I didn’t know if they need it?? I have taken them out in the yard 3 times a day in the sun to love on them and play. Best I can tell they are 3-4 weeks by researching. It’s pretty warm here in the southern part of Alabama. I have them in my garage where it stays very warm. Should I use the light at night??

Hello! Welcome to BYC!! :frow Where did you rescue them from?
They were dropped off at the nursery where I get my plants! The owner messaged me bc I normally rescue pups but I fell in love when I met them. Made one post here and one on FB and instantly for a coop delivered and so much information. I’m really excited to start this venture with these sweet girls

They were dropped off at the nursery where I get my plants! The owner messaged me bc I normally rescue pups but I fell in love when I met them. Made one post here and one on FB and instantly for a coop delivered and so much information. I’m really excited to start this venture with these sweet girls
Awe, that's so great that you adopted them! Awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom