New chicken mom here

driftergal

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 21, 2014
My name is Shari, I live in Arnaudville, LA with my family, cats, husky, and chickens. I've been reading this site for a while to learn about taking care of my chickens but I had a problem that I needed help with so I finally decided to join. I posted my question in another forum and am waiting on some answers.

images

Welcome to BYC!

So glad you could join our community! I read your post on the rooster attacking the hen. Some roosters just don't have manners. Is he attacking her or doing the damage when he mounts her? Is he aggressive with any of the other hens or just this particular hen? You might consider rehoming this rooster if this is aggression. Make sure when you add injured birds back to the flock that they are completely healed up. And when you do confined injured birds, if they are well enough, keep them caged within the flock so there is no re introductions.

Good luck with this issue. I hope you can get this solved soon.
hugs.gif

Welcome to BYC! I'm sure you will get plenty of answers to your question on the forum on which you posted it. What kind of chickens do you have?

Back
Top Bottom