New chicken momma

Amarieno

In the Brooder
May 8, 2020
I am new to this group and have learned a lot through reading posts on this site. I had been wanting to get some chickens for a long time. So my mother gave me a dozen eggs and an incubator to use for my birthday. The eggs have hatched just in time for Mother's Day. My girls and I have patiently cared for the eggs over the last 3 weeks. I'm glad they are enjoying the experience with me. Before the eggs hatched we made guesses of which one would hatch first. I thought #12 was going to be the 1st to hatch. My guess was right. We named it Uno because it was the first to hatch. I had a silly bond with that egg...LOL. it turns out Uno is my special chick. When it was done hatching and dried out, we saw it had 1 eye and a scissor beak. I did not want to cull it. The chick seems strong, is eating fine and getting along with the others. I hope this little chick continues to grow and thrive. We have 7 chicks that made it through the hatch and my girls saw all but 1 pop out of the shell. 🥰 I always enjoyed the chickens at my grandparent's house when I was a kid and wanted to have some of my own for my girls to enjoy and help raise.

Attachments

• 20200509_121514.jpg
    20200509_121514.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200511_081726.jpg
    20200511_081726.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom