New Chicken Trackor Finally Finished (Pictures)

jorgey

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Utah
I finally finished my new chicken tractor yesterday. For the most part I am pretty happy with it. It is 6'X12' with 2' walls and about 5'6" at the peak.

Tractor_front.jpg

I made a door to access the closed in part as well as another access door going in the the run.

Tractor_end_side.jpg

Here is a shot of the end and part of the side. I placed a tarp over the wire to give them some shade as it is VERY hot and as you can see not much around for trees or other shade.

Tractor_inside.jpg

This is the inside were the water and feed are located. What you can't see in this shot is that there are 4 different roosts at various levels.

Tractor_wheel.jpg

This is the wheel contraption that I made so I could move it a little easier. All I have to do is lift up on the one end (lifts very easy) and attach the chain which in turn pushes the wheel down lifting that end of the tractor off of the ground any where from 1/2" to about 3 1/2". After raising both sides, that end of the tractor is off of the ground and I can lift the other end and pull it forward to it's new spot.

Quote:
So far I think that they are pretty happy. Although they were very nervous at first. They all ran for the nearest piece of wood and jumped up on it and wouldn't get down. Now 24 hours later and they are all over the place scratching and pecking like they have been in it forever.

Ah ,WOW! What a super duper cooper!! I really think the wheel idea is great-going to incorporate that on mine(if I can ever stop changing the design! And the size is big enough too.What kind of pullets are they?
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thanks, they wheels make all the difference in moving it. I wouldn't be able to move it at all without them. They are mostly delawares, with a few black minorcas and then a couple of golden polish thrown in for fun.
lol.png

The pivoted-axle wheel is a great innovation.
I have incorporated the same sort of thing on my tractor design.

Nice looking affair, although you had better paint that untreated wood!

Quote:
Yes, the pant is hopefully coming soon in phase 2 of the project.

elderoo, I see that you like Glenn Beck. I love listening to him, he is great isn't he. I love his sarcastic humor and he is right on with everything.

Back
Top Bottom