New Chicks about 3-4 weeks old- What Breed and Sex

Mallory.jpg

The one in the original post is your Partridge Rock and the one quoted here is your Legbar. 🙂

So, I have a question, then. @Cherilanell asked in a different thread if they had a Plymouth Rock. (https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/can-you-tell-me-what-breed-these-chicks-are.1581242/) Not having ever heard of Partridge Rocks, could that be the "Plymouth Rock" they were told they had?

Yes, there are several varieties of Plymouth Rock, but the most common in my experience are Barred (the ones that are mostly black with a head spot as chicks), White (which are obviously white or yellowish as chicks), and Partridge (which are brownish chicks). The breed's full name is Plymouth Rock, but most people shorten it to just Rock for convenience, ex. Barred Rock instead of Barred Plymouth Rock, Partridge Rock instead of Partridge Plymouth Rock, etc. 🙂

Yes, there are several varieties of Plymouth Rock, but the most common in my experience are Barred (the ones that are mostly black with a head spot as chicks), White (which are obviously white or yellowish as chicks), and Partridge (which are brownish chicks). The breed's full name is Plymouth Rock, but most people shorten it to just Rock for convenience, ex. Barred Rock instead of Barred Plymouth Rock, Partridge Rock instead of Partridge Plymouth Rock, etc. 🙂
Ah, thank you!

See, this is why I love BYC so much! I get to learn so many different things!

Thanks and ours is supposed to be the Patridge one.

Back
Top Bottom