New chicks hatching tonight ADDED PICS :) silikes

lovemychicks2much

Songster
10 Years
Apr 2, 2009
Mercer Co.
woo hooo i have 2 new babies tonight they just hatched about an hour if that long ago and i am wondering how long do i need to leave them in the incubator one is moving around ok now and it seems 90 % dry and the other one which hatched after this one still isnt on its feet yet and it is about 50 % dry so how long do you all think i should leave them in there until i take them out and put them in the boorder which has 6 other chicks in it that is a week to 10 days old and they are reg size chicks and these that are hatching tonight are silkies and they are blue yay i iwll post pics in alittle bit
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Wait at least 24 hours before moving them is what I've been reading. Congrats! Pictures please!!!

i took them out of the bator that has 3 other eggs that have little holes in them that are trying to hatch maybe tomorrow more babies lol and i but them in my other bator that i just set with eggs i didnt want them to get moving around good and role the eggs around that was tring to hatch and i am going to try to take a pic through the window in my bator and see how it turns out cross your fingers it does im going to try it in a few mins and ill post it when i do

ok here they are i couldnt get a pic through the window so i took some real quick

26911_dscn0581.jpg

The first to hatch and i think it is going to be a soild blue

26911_dscn0587.jpg

same one

26911_dscn0591.jpg

and again

26911_dscn0593.jpg

the second baby i think it is going to be mostly blue and maybe some buff

26911_dscn0594.jpg

and again

26911_dscn0595.jpg

let me know what you all think

Beautiful color chicks! Good Luck with the rest of your hatch and try not to open the bator if possible until they are ready to transfer.
smile.png
big_smile.png

You should try to let all chicks hatch before opening the bator to transfer, unless you have staggered hatches, in which case, after 24 hours should be sufficient. Chicks can survive fine w/ no food/water for a few days if necessary to let the others hatch since they've got good nourishment during the birthing process. I'd feel uncomfortable though myself to let it go beyond 1-1/2 to 2 days, but that's just me being me!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom